PDA

View Full Version : Join Philip Nelson in a live Sports Production webinar

Phil Cassell
10-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey everybody, just wanted to introduce myself. I am Phil, NewTek’s new Marketing Associate. I’m also a part-time photographer and Photoshop Guru. (Just kidding about that last part) Looking forward to getting to know all of you here on the forum.

I wanted to let you know about an upcoming event you might be interested in. If you are a TriCaster™ user or just curious about what TriCaster™ can do, there is a web event coming up you might want to watch. EventDV Magazine is the host and our own Philip Nelson, Sr. VP of Strategic Development at NewTek, Inc. will be discussing how to setup and get the most out of a live sports production. This web event is Thursday, Oct.25th and you can sign up for it here. (http://www.eventdv.net/webevents/newtek/25oct2007)

brians0105
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Hi Phil,

Will this strictly be limited to the TC... or will I benifit as a VT4 owner? We already do several sports games w/ the VT4 but I was interested in watching the webinar.

Also, do you know if the webinar will be archived somewhere for later viewing?

Thanks

Brian S

Phil Cassell
10-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Brian, I think this will benefit you because of the topics that will be covered. Here are a few of the points that will be discussed: How to create a network-style production, Camera placement, Work flow techniques to maximize your time and production efforts and several others topics geared to overall event production. As far as archiving, I have heard it will be, but I don't have any details on that yet. I will get back to you. Thanks, Phil

Tarheel Cougar
10-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Is this a video that can be archived for later viewing? I'm very interested in watching but I don't think I can take the time to watch during business hours.

rally1
10-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Signed up.

Phil Cassell
10-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Is this a video that can be archived for later viewing? I'm very interested in watching but I don't think I can take the time to watch during business hours.

I have been told the webinar will be archived at the EventDV website.

brians0105
10-24-2007, 04:27 PM
FYI - I got a phone call today from EventDV reminding me about the webinar tomorrow. The voicemail said that it WILL be archived. I won't be able to attend it live, but will watch the archive as soon as I can.

Brian

Safe Harbor
10-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Is anyone else unable to connect to the webinar? We have been trying for almost a half hour to no avail. :(

Slapdash
10-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Can not access webinar page. I'm registered, enter email into page and nothing... please post links if it's been archived.

brians0105
10-25-2007, 12:43 PM
I had to re-register and I am now able to listen to the event, which started 42 minutes ago. Hopefully the entire archive will work.

NVentive
10-25-2007, 01:28 PM
We tried with several different approaches, tried to contact the streamer tek support, no go. Frustrating....maybe we can catch it on the archive.
Snags like this make us even stronger believers in ustream ;-)

CreatvGnius
10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Is anyone else unable to connect to the webinar? We have been trying for almost a half hour to no avail. :(

Tiffany - We've experienced utter difficulty here as well, so we've been in the dark relative to that compelling streaming content. Entered our Email address and just "nothing".

The words "error on page" appeared at the lower left of the window in which I was attempting to access the stream from eventdv.net...and *nothing* else would occur. Not even an indicator letting us know just what was wrong.

Subsequently, we went into Eventdv's streaming "Test" routine, and found that the 4 parameters tested "passed" (this, after having updated Java VM).

Still, after rebooting, never got to get into the Live Sports Production streamcast. Here's hoping the archive will be available quickly, and that we'll be notified thusly.

D3Cast
10-26-2007, 11:38 AM
No archive yet.

I'm sure it's a bit of a kick in the head to Philip and Phil and the the NewTek gang that most of the audience from the board that was interested in the seminar could have done a better job of streaming the event (and making an archive available) than the particular chosen partners.

Ah, well, I bet EventDV.net/Information Today, Inc. got a bunch of email addresses out of it.

Still looking forward to seeing it at some point.

-steve

brians0105
10-26-2007, 04:02 PM
FYI - I just got an email from EventDV and I am now able to listen to the archive. Here is the email that I got:

Thank you for participating in our web event entitled - "Live Sports
Production" brought to you by NewTek and EventDV.

We appreciate you taking the time to view our live event and if you would
like to review or download the presentation, it will be archived for the
next 90 days at: http://eventdv.net/webevents/newtek/25oct2007

Sincerely,
EventDV

P.S. For more information about NewTek, please visit:
www.newtek.com/tricaster

D3Cast
10-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Yup, I got it, too. Haven't been able to watch it, as I'm too busy getting ready for, um, some live sports production. :)

Sorry for the earlier crankiness.

-s