PDA

View Full Version : Lower Thirds From Photoshop?

TVTeacher
10-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Please tell me the way to get lower thirds from Photoshop to key with transparency. Thank You!

iconoclasty
10-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Not ENTIRELY sure what you mean, could you be a bit more specific?
If you save your PS file as 32bit the alpha channel will be preserved and if you're using that as a texture you can enable the alpha channel in the image editor.

Or if you're wanting to use a PS document as a foreground image you might need to set the foreground alpha to a version of the file that will give you the transparency you need.

griffiths
10-17-2007, 03:43 PM
What I do is in Photoshop delete anything that you don't want to have seen, including the backround then save the file as a Targa File Type; (.tga) Then when you put it in the CG Designer it will not have a backround. Hope this helps

halley
10-26-2007, 03:03 PM
This is the way I used to do it when I worked in TV

1. Merge all your layers
2. Control click on the layer to select it
3. Go to your channels tab and click on the save selection as channel tab this will create an alpha channel.
4. Save your file as a 32 bit image such as a .tiff or .tga.

The last 8 bits of the file will be for transparency I also create it on a 720x486 .psd file and place the lower 3rd were it belongs on the screen. That last step is not important. One other thing going over 72 dpi for standard resolution TV is overkill.

I hope that is helpful

Silkrooster
10-26-2007, 08:27 PM
FYI, photoshop CS2 and CS3 come with an action script that will take the transparency and generate an alpha channel. It is in the video scripts.
Silk