PDA

View Full Version : dynamics freezing

Andyjaggy
10-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I have noticed since I recently starting getting into dynamics that if you start a calculation and then do anything else on your computer it will freeze it. This happen almost without exception on my machine. Start calculation click on Firefox. Freeze. Start calculation click on startmenu. Freeze. Is this normal? Seems to work well as long as I start it and then promptly walk away without touching anything.

evenflcw
10-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Did you try starting the calculation from within or with the FX_Browser panel open? It will make LW abit more responsive while calculating.

Exception
10-10-2007, 09:52 PM
It's always been this way.
As evenflcw suggest, using the calculate button in the FX_browser will not seeimingly lock up your computer.
that said, it's just the interface that's no longer responding. Lw IS calculating your sulution and pressing TAB will cancel the calculation still as well.

Dodgy
10-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Yeah, if it freezes, it is still going, you can either wait for it to finish, at which point layout will update, or press ctrl to abort. Using the FX browser to calculate will always refresh layout as it calculates, so it won't freeze if you click off.

Andyjaggy
10-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Okay, thanks guys.

Andyjaggy
10-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Works perfectly with the FX broswer. Thanks. On a side note what is meant by the steps?

Dodgy
10-11-2007, 10:02 AM
I think it's sub frame calculation.