PDA

View Full Version : saslite zebra or panda

rdolishny
10-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Quick q from someone who doesn't use Saslite much, and I think I know the answer.

I am modelling a panda bear and zebra with big black white blotches or stripes in specific places. Is this possible with Saslite and is that a feature of the full version?

- Rick

Surrealist.
10-10-2007, 12:53 PM
If you were to do it in Saslite your patches would have to be surfaces. So depending on the object and your plans with it, you would have to stencil the pattern in. That would be for the Fur option. For Hair Guides I suppose it would be different but, probably an even harder problem, unless there is a way to propagate them based on an image via a plugin of some kind.

I have not used the full version.

rdolishny
10-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks. You clued me into surfaces, and I didn't think you can stack Saslite instances in the properties panel. Problem solved for now! I will do some creative slicing, maybe... for this test I just selected clumps of polygons and it worked just fine for this project.

SplineGod
10-10-2007, 02:16 PM
You can also copy and paste parts of the geometry into other layers to get past the point limit. Have those pieces use the same bones. You can also make them invisible. Use texture maps on the original object to help blend the hair in. This also allows you to leave subpatches on.