PDA

View Full Version : TMPGEnc-VT4.6 AVI Wrapper problem

Tony R
10-10-2007, 10:25 AM
I moved this thread from SE since it really does not belong over there. As Jim C and Eugene said previously, we should be able to save a VT project with an .avi extension and bring that into TMPGEnc, thus eliminating the extra step of rendering out to n rtv or avi file.

All I have of my last project are 5 uncompressed rtv files. I opened TeD and loaded one at a time on the timeline and saved each as an avi.

In TMPGEnc 2.5, I started a new project (DVD-NTSC - CBR Linear PCM Audio), cllicked NEXT, selected the video avi but I am unable to select the same file for audio. I get an error stating that file.avi can not open, or unsupported.

Since I saved the project as an avi, there is only one file for each of my original projects. Why would this happen? Is there something else I have to do to make the avi wrapper work with TMPGEnc.

robewil
10-10-2007, 03:40 PM
My first thought is to just import the VTP project directly into TMPGEnc 2.5. It can do this as long as you have run the Third-Party Installer. You should not have to render anything.

Tony R
10-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I didnt know you had to import it directly to TMPGEnc. I wasnt rendering anything. I kept reading that if you have your project open and click save as and change it to avi from vtp, that would create a fake avi wrapper.

I'll try the import method when I get home. Thanks.

Tony

robewil
10-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Make sure that when you save your project, you save it under one of the VT Project formats, not avi. Don't rename it to avi. Also, its best not to be running the VT software at all.

My method is to save my project, quit VT, shut down winrtme, and then run TMPGEnc and load the project I had saved.

Tony R
10-11-2007, 08:39 AM
I did not rename anything. I had the project open and saved it as .avi. That is supposed to be the way the avi wrapper works according to many users. It didnt work for me.

I ran the third part installer. Then I opened TMPGEnc and could not find any option to import anything.How do I import the vt project?

Tony

robewil
10-11-2007, 09:41 AM
There's nothing special to it. Where it asks to load video, simply direct TMPGEnc to your VTP project. It should see it and load it.

ScorpioProd
10-11-2007, 01:04 PM
You really shouldn't be using the generic AVI Wrapper for TMPGEnc since there is a dedicated VTP loader plug-in for it that works better and is made for it.

Re-run your 3rd party support tool install again to make sure it is in there.

Load your VTP directly into TMPGEnc as the video file.

Render out a WAV of your audio from your VT-EDIT project directly to use for your audio.

wvp
10-12-2007, 05:33 AM
The nice thing is that you can do this with your RTV project, saving a compression step. You can also load an RTV file into TMPGEnc, but may need to load a special plug-in (avail for d/l on this site), but you would need to render the project so the VTP way is better.

Also, I do belive you can give TMPGEnc the same project audio but we render a wav so as to convert this (With another program) to ac3. THis may be what Eugene was referring to.

ScorpioProd
10-12-2007, 03:30 PM
I thought I remembered in the past that TMPGEnc didn't read the audio from the wrapper properly, but it may have been another program (Encore). Anyway, it's easy enough to render your WAV right from VT-EDIT, so it's moot.

And yes, you should always go to AC-3 somehow in the end.

As for loading RTVs, admittedly I haven't tried this in a long time, but AFAIK, the VTP plug-in to TMPGEnc not only lets you load VTPs, but also RTVs and Type-1 DV AVIs, which TMPGEnc would not be able to do natively otherwise.

Jim_C
10-12-2007, 03:53 PM
I've used the wrapper A BUNCH with TMPGenc 3 and 4 (until I found out how to fix the VTP importer) and I would say the audio use % is hmmmmm.....
80% good. Yea, bout right 8 or 9 outa 10.

The audio section would either come up blank or the info below it would look like gibberish, so if I was paying attention I could catch it before encode and cough up a .wav for it.

Sometimes simply reloading the wrapper would fix it.

When I was using Encore 1.0, it did not like the wrapper audio ever, then when they released the first update, it seemed to fix it or at least bring it up to tmpgenc percentages, but I have not used Encore in a year or 2 since I went to DVD Lab Pro.