PDA

View Full Version : Adding A backround Image!

LionHeart
10-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Greetings everyone :)

How do you add a backround image as a reference for modeling?

iconoclasty
10-09-2007, 11:17 AM
display options (d) Backdrop tab. Select which viewport you want then import an image and scale if need be.

archijam
10-09-2007, 11:33 AM
If scale is important, I would suggest cropping the image edge to a measurable size before import... it will be far easier to place/scale.

One curious thing - the image will not save in position, you have to save it as a cfg or something... ;)

j.

THREEL
10-09-2007, 11:55 AM
If scale is important, I would suggest cropping the image edge to a measurable size before import... it will be far easier to place/scale.

One curious thing - the image will not save in position, you have to save it as a cfg or something... ;)

j.

Yep, after you go to Display and Backdrop, you can Load your image or images to the desired viewports. Once you have it or them at the proper size and position, go to Presets>Save Current Backdrop or Save All backdrops.

When you exit modeler, and then, re-enter for another session you'll have to go to Display>Backdrop>Presets>Load Backdrop and find the *.cfg you saved that is applicable to the project you are working on.

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.

clumsycloudy
10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
actually you dont need to scale, draw a plane in the view for the size you want it to be, then when you set the bg image press the automatic size button and it will scale it to the planesize, nice and easy!

ric

THREEL
10-09-2007, 08:28 PM
actually you dont need to scale, draw a plane in the view for the size you want it to be, then when you set the bg image press the automatic size button and it will scale it to the planesize, nice and easy!

ric

Oops! I missed that part. :D

Sweet!!!!! :thumbsup:

LionHeart
10-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks to all of you for your help :)