PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxel newbie question?

svdelle
06-29-2003, 04:08 PM
I've seen this panel of Hypervoxel presets (thumbnails) in different tutorials on the net. But I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Any hints where to look you guys?

Exper
06-30-2003, 01:57 AM
Open "Hypervoxel" panel then click on LW "Presets" button. ;)

Bye.

svdelle
07-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Where exactly do I find this 'preset' button. I'm in LW 7.5 (Hypervoxels 3.0) on a PC ... I add the Hypervoxel under Scene > Effects > Volumetrics > Add Volumetric and double-click the added Hypervoxel ... but I do not see any 'preset' button.

All I see is Copy, Paste, Load, Save, Activate and Deactivate.

Need precise guidance, I might be looking in the wrong panel ... not that I think I do ...

svdelle
07-01-2003, 09:07 AM
Sorry ... didn't get that you meant in the tool bar to the left and not in the panel itself ... hmm ()

Exper
07-01-2003, 09:19 AM
"Presets" button is sensitive :rolleyes:

If you're working on Surfaces it'll brings you up Surfaces Presets;
if you're working on Hypervoxels it'll brings you up Hypervoxel Presets...
and so on. ;)

Bye.

cresshead
07-02-2003, 04:22 AM
the lightwave manual has a good tutorial to get you up n running with hypervoxels..they are V cool BTW!

steve g

newsvixen8
07-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Hi - I'm having the same problem with finding my hypervoxel presets. I can get the panel open, but there are only two in here (Default Surface and Default Volume) and I KNOW there are supposed to be many. The presets folder is in the LW Programs folder, it's full of stuff, but how do I get them onto the Presets panel in layout? (LW7.5d on PC)

BeeVee
07-25-2005, 07:27 AM
You have to be editing Hypervoxels when you open the presets panel - it's situation sensitive - open it while using Surface Editor and it will have surfaces, Skytracer it will have skies and so on and so forth...

B

newsvixen8
07-25-2005, 07:37 AM
That's my problem; I am editing the hypervoxels, so the hypervoxel preset panel is opening just fine. It's just that I still only show two presets in the panel. I want ALL of them in there.

maxxwv
07-25-2005, 10:18 AM
The drop-down menu in the top of the preset window will give you additional libraries to look through - I've got things like "Strange", "clouds", "Fire and Smoke", etc. You're currently (by default) in the Workspace Library.

newsvixen8
07-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks! Just for anyone else who isn't able to see that drop-down menu on the first try... mine doesn't drop down if I move the panel onto my secondary monitor. That seems to happen with several of my numeric panels - they lose SOME of their functionality on monitor #2. Grrrr... if anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be forever grateful!

maxxwv
07-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Sorry - didn't read your post thoroughly enough. The secondary monitor/drop down menu issue is seen in versions up to 8.x (I don't remeber if it was 8.0 or not...). It's fixed from there on out, and is a major relief for dual monitor users. Glad you got the libraries sorted out, tho'!