PDA

View Full Version : Model help and Miscellaneous

Skinner3D
10-07-2007, 05:40 PM
:question: Does anybody have a pair of 3D pants that I could use for a college project that I am doing? I would prefer not low poly, and I have to use these for dress pants and jeans so the mid seam/fly would be nice.

If you do post an object please also specify how you want me to list you in the credits, if I use your model (or for that matter whether or not you want to be in the credits)

:)As for the miscellaneous part, I had to do this site for college (the same college) and decided to put it up here for grins as well

www.freewebs.com/skinner3d

IMI
10-07-2007, 07:55 PM
You could check DAZ 3D for all kinds of stuff like that. The models are made for Poser and Daz Studio, so there's no rigging for LW, but everything like that they sell comes with an OBJ file and textures, which can easily be used and tweaked in LW.
The stuff is very cheap, too, compared to, say Turbosquid, and is pretty high quality, and mid-poly. You can always use LW to increase the poly count if you need to, without disturbing the textures.
And, you wouldn't need to worry about credits, as long as it's just a render or an animation you're talking about.

There's probably some good free stuff out there, too, which might suit your needs. If you run a search for Poser or DAZ Studio and Pants, you might find something which contains an actual OBJ file, and not just a proprietary figure file.