PDA

View Full Version : When will IKBoost work properly in Mac?

simonwoods
10-07-2007, 07:08 AM
I only ben using for about a yr, but this is most frustrationg, no undo since 8.5 for IKBoost - I'm exporting everything into OBJ's, importing and re-doing simple shades in 8.5, (cos geometry is messed up) setting up animations of multiple characters, then opening in 9.2 and replace objects with originals, just to get those newer render + shade features - this is a right lot of hassle - why have PC users got such a better set up? Its not fair, and its very off putting. LW should sort out some of these existing problems before galloping off to do any more new features, all I ask of is for IKBoost to have undos - is it so much to ask? Does anyone even care? :thumbsdow or are they all to busy geeking off about sss or whatever?? :hey:

LW_Will
10-08-2007, 05:44 PM
um... in 9.3 it does have undo.

simonwoods
10-09-2007, 04:21 AM
Un - not on my system it dont - check again!

simonwoods
10-09-2007, 05:49 AM
LW for me is madness - I cant export bones properly from 8.5, so I do it in 9.2, open the object in 8.5 cos IKBoost no work in 9.2/3, bring the object in - if geometry ok your lucky, import the rig, do animation, but no renders, cos the shaders only work in 9.2 - then I open that 8.5 file in 9.2 (cant import the IKBoost pose cos dont work) and replace objects with originals and bobs your uncle (ha,ha) I'd be as well to be using Modo, with all this exporting and so forth, its just crazy!

LW_Will
10-09-2007, 02:32 PM
What are you running for a system?

I think you need to reinstall Lightwave to 9.3UB and try again.

Its working for me on my MacBook Pro 15".

Maybe you might want to format and reinstall... start all over from the beginning...

simonwoods
10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Good Grief - Great Scot etc - it works! Thanks so much!

I didnt even know UB works on power macs - someone should have explained what computer I'm using, I had no idea!

Now I found out 8.5 DOES export rigs ok after all, must have been a temp thing my end - not that I need those rigs now - Yahoo! Cheers!
:)