PDA

View Full Version : After the UnWeld Tool :

pumeco
10-07-2007, 05:54 AM
After the UnWeld tool has been used on points, those points remain in identical positions. If I try to drag or move one of the points, the other always follows. Is there a way to select only 'one' point in these situations, so that I can seperate the positions of UnWelded points ?

Ztreem
10-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Select the polygons that's made of the points you want to move then use the 'select points' command and deselect the points that you don't want to move. Now you can move the points and seperate them from the others at the same place.

Dodgy
10-07-2007, 06:12 AM
Select the poly of the points you want to move and use the drag tool (ctrl-t)to drag on its points. Because the drag tool's influence is limited to the polygon, it'll separate the points.

pumeco
10-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Duh :foreheads
I should have thought of those two - I need sleep.

Thankyou both!

hrgiger
10-07-2007, 02:59 PM
You could also select a point on the opposite end of the polygon and choose select connected and then use drag. But I think the two above suggestions would be a bit more efficient.

IMI
10-07-2007, 08:28 PM
And there is also the Point Info panel ("i" on the keyboard), which will show you the exact position of all selected points in the LW 3D space, and allow you to edit those values with extreme accuracy for any of them, using "Edit Value" parameters.

pumeco
10-08-2007, 08:08 AM
So there's four ways!
I'll give those last two a miss though. They'd get a bit tedious, but are good to know anyway - thanks :)

IMI
10-09-2007, 03:31 PM
So there's four ways!
I'll give those last two a miss though. They'd get a bit tedious, but are good to know anyway - thanks :)

Give the Info panel a try - you don't have to type values in, though you can, but those values respond to mouse dragging over the arrows, just like most other plugins in LW.
To each his own, but when I first learned about what all can be done with the Info panel, the last word that came to mind was "tedious". It was more like, "EXCELLENT!" :)

And it works on polygons, too. It's a great way for determining what polys are part of what groups, surfaces, as well as position and so on.

Silkrooster
10-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Also the point info tool will allow you to deselect individual points when multiple points are selected.
Silk

pumeco
10-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I've not really gotten to the stage where I'm taking much notice of the info tool. Plus, it's not on my interface at the moment 'cause I'm shifting stuff about the interface like you wouldn't believe! Every so often I revert back to the default interface to see what I want to add to my own, so next time I'd better check out this info tool - and see what it can do for me.

Thanks all :)