PDA

View Full Version : Render each light in a separate layer

pva
10-07-2007, 04:24 AM
Hi all:

I want to know if it's possible to render a frame and separate each light affecting the scene in one different layer or images.

For example, you have a sphere with 3 lights affecting it, what I want is to press F9 and the plugin will create a psd file with just light1 affecting the sphere in layer1, just light2 affecting the sphere in layer2, and just light3 affecting the sphere in layer3, or create three different images, don't know what's easiest to do.

Is this possible to do? If so, where can I get a visual editor for programming in LScript? I've already downloaded the sdk and documentation but no visual editor around there as far as I know, and programming in notepad is a little difficult for me.

I would appreciate help in this too, If someone develops this and want to share the code with the community I'll be very grateful with him obviously :)

Thanks in advance.

G M D THREE
10-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Cant you just animate the light using the envelope? Like having 3 frames and each has only one light on! Assuming you are working with stills. If animation just render each scene with one of the lights. Scripting is only wort it if you use this very often or have hundreds of light to process... is that that case?

///

pva
10-07-2007, 07:16 AM
No it isn't GMD THREE, the point here is to save time by rendering only one time and having the three lights in three different layers. If I render 3 frames with one light I'm not saving time, because with this plugin you would render only one time and have in each layer only one light active, so you can manage the intensity of each one in postproduction.

In the example I'm talking about a simple sphere, but I want this for my professional work, which I usually have several hundreds of polygons to process in the render with huge resolutions outputs.

It would be like some sort of maxwell render's multilight, withouth having the HDRI properties of course.

ingo
10-07-2007, 09:23 AM
That would be nice, like its done in C4D. There are even layers for ambient light and Gi.

pva
10-08-2007, 08:38 AM
There's no way to do this?

Sensei
10-12-2007, 02:00 AM
There's no way to do this?

Lights are merged to final RGB at rendering time, immediately after calling illuminate() function. You would have to write your own renderer like FPrime, Kray or VirtualRender to have them separated, and even then it would be slower, because you would end up shading as many times as you have lights..