PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave crashing computer during rendering

darkChief
10-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Hi
I was wondering if any one had similar problem, I'm trying to find a solution. When I start rendering in lightwave after maybe three minutes or more (random each time) my laptop just crashes.

I using a Toshiba p100, with a Intel T2600, 2.16ghz and 2gigs of RAM. My laptops not over heating. And this only happens when lightwave starts rendering.

Can anyone help:help:

bagou01
10-08-2007, 06:49 AM
i had the same problem on a mac,when rendering hypervoxels.
never really found a solution,i just started working on a pc :s sorry

stevecullum
10-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Is that with any scene or a specific scene?

Sometimes I've had trouble with a texture map or dodgy model. If its scene specific, the only thing you can do is slowly delete things from it until it renders and then you will know the offending item.

Phil
10-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Bad disk or bad memory come to mind. Might be worth a look at memtest.org

Nangleator
10-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Could it be overheating?

darkChief
10-12-2007, 08:34 PM
thanks for the replies.It's Not over heating. I've had this problem before in the past and the only way I got it fixed was by reinstalling windows, but the problem gradually came back. I'll try and see if it's a disk or memory thing, I'm using an external drive to save the image sequence during rendering, that might be it if it's a disk problem.

And don't think it's scene related, tried different scenes, and it happens to often.

stevecullum
10-13-2007, 06:12 AM
I definitely have had lightwave crash if it tries to write to an unavailable drive. All it would take is a slight glitch in the network and then the problems start. See if it still happens writing to a local drive too.

Nangleator
10-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I had crashes once that drove me crazy until I figured them out. Then it drove me even crazier!

I was rendering to the root directory of a drive, and it was hitting the old DOS limit of 256 files in the root and crashing. I forget what operating system I was using at the time. Maybe Win2k or 95 or NT3, but I remember being shocked that the limitation was still there.

animotion
10-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Miine crashes if I try to render a scene that has hypervoxels and pixie dust in it.