PDA

View Full Version : Searching for VT computer builder

cybis
10-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi, I have a special need and I would like to locate a company or individual who has proven success in building VT systems.

I am stripping an old VT system and I have some of the key components for my new computer. I'd like to rebuild the system with a few primary concerns:
a) durability in airplane travel
b) weight & size during travel
c) stability in live switching environment

This is what I have:
VT4 card/software
(4) 72gb 10k Seagate Cheetah SCSI drives
(2) SATA system drives, hot swappable (but this has posed a problem in travel)
(2) 1gb memory chips
(2) Xeon processors 3.2ghz
DVD-RW drive
Keyboard/etc.

This is what I definitely need:
Case (weight/size are important as we fly with this)

The main reason I'm stripping and ready to start over is I believe my motherboard is broken.

I would not rule out selling these parts and starting over with a brand new system, but hopefully it doesn't come down to that.

I will pay for your services! :)
Please email me at: jeff ... @... thinkcybis.com or please feel free to ask questions here.

Jeff

bbeanan
10-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Get in touch with Jef K. he took my old system and used what he could and built me a new box...

email him at: jef @ pizazzme dot com

I'm sure tons of people around here will chime in for him....

Jim_C
10-05-2007, 10:46 PM
There are many dealers here who I could suggest based on stellar online reputation and participation, but only one I can recommend based on actual personal dealings, and that's Jef from Pizazz.

He runs a business similar to yours and also custom creates all kinds of A/v gear and systems for specialized needs.

Sometimes he is all over this board then sometimes he disappears for awhile as he travels, so he might not see this post.

Give him a shout if you get a chance.

Jim

ps.. I checked out your website Jeff. Very nice site and sweet looking gig ya got going there. ;)

jsanfilippo
10-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Count my vote for Jef at Pizazz! If you need flight-ability, he's definately you guy. Some of his custom VT implementations are so cool!

cybis
10-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Hello, I ordered a system from Jef but ever since he told me it was shipping out last Monday, he's been unreachable.
Is there anyone else around who can build a VT-ready computer in custom cases?

For reference to the VT community, this is the second time Jef has failed to meet his promises to me and I have had only basic needs. Two years ago, I was given air cargo tracking information and was searching the airport for three hours before tracking him down by phone and learning that the system was never really shipped.
This time, I recognize there's a chance the system is "lost" with UPS ground but its been 8 days since I requested tracking information, so I'm putting my chips on never shipped--- I'm only a 3 day ground shipment away from TX.

Now I'm a week behind my deadline and starting over. I've been the most optimistic & patient customer but I can't waste my time like this and I can't believe there's no other qualified builder/reseller of custom (e.g. small) VT system.

Please help!

Jeff

cybis
10-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Jef has contacted me and the system is being rushed to arrive in a couple hours. Neither of us know why it was left unshipped last week when he was out of town, but Jef is following through and making good on my system. I'm looking forward to giving it a go!
Jef - can you charge folks more and hire a personal assistant... or two??? Maybe consider someone with toaster experience? :) In fairness, Jef has port forth great effort in the past to troubleshoot my system on show site on numerous occaions... He's flown to me and I've flown to Beaumont. I got out of the computer industry 5 years ago when I had ten customers who turned to me. I would never want to be in Jef's shoes. Clearly if there's no one else, you've got the market locked! Again, charge more => hire assistant or create online tracking/ticketing system. :)

bbeanan
10-24-2007, 10:41 PM
I know just for the systems (I think like 10 of them) that Jef has built for me he has always been there when needed...

okpro
10-27-2007, 09:09 AM
I think that you have something like http://www.cases4less.com/detail_skb_shockrack.html. That is "shock" case. Fine for travel. Intel rack case is ok for your sistem. Segate hard also. Dual Xeon ofcourse... This is not space shuttle. Good luck.

wess
10-27-2007, 04:40 PM
I have a system from http://www.videohardware.com/ and I am very happy with it.

Bobt
10-27-2007, 06:07 PM
If you are having issues with Jef then go to Blaine
http://www.videohardware.com/
He knows his stuff and builds fantastic systems.

Bob

ssdcinc
10-28-2007, 07:11 AM
or JIM DAVIS www.dvsdirect.com

jeff, blane & jim are all great guys annd built
great systems and offer amazing support.