PDA

View Full Version : VT and TMPEG issues

Ty Catt
10-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Has anyone ever had a problem saving a VT Edit Project into an AVI file for TMPEG encoding?
I keep getting an error when I try to load the AVI into TMPEG.
So I tried rendering the project as an RTV (I prefer uncompressed), then saving it as an AVI.
Then the audio file is too large in the TMPEG import file requester (8 hours!).
SO THEN I re-rendered the audio as a seperate WAV file back in the VT and import that into the TMPEG audio file requester seperately.
When compared in the TMPEG file import browser, the audio is several frames too short in length? You can see this lag in the audio once encoded.

Any suggestions?:question:

Thanks!

Ty

ScorpioProd
10-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Just render your project out to a Type-2 DV AVI and put that into TMPGEnc to give it both the audio and video together.

BTW, what do you mean that you rendered to a RTV and "then saving it as an AVI"???

You would just drop the RTV and its WAV file into TMPGEnc directly if you had rendered out your project to that format.

Jim_C
10-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Are you saying you are trying to fit 8 hours of footage on 1 DVD?

If so I would worry about compatibility with a bitrate so low.

ScorpioProd
10-05-2007, 11:23 PM
I think he meant the "virtual" WAV from the AVI Wrapper was appearing to be 8 hours, while the project wasn't.

8 hours is over twice as long as an actual WAV could be.

Jim_C
10-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Ohhhh.....
Derp....

:littleguyslappingforehead:

Ty Catt
10-08-2007, 07:20 AM
WOW,

To get replies from both Eugene AND Jim C. I know I am in good hands! You guys are definitely the go-to guys of the VT. Thanks in advance.:bowdown:

To answer your first q Eugene, I was simply saving the rendered RTV project on the timeline as an .AVI so I could load it into TMPEG.

And yes Jim C., Eugene was right, the audio file in the AVI wrapper was 8 hours, which I thought was a bit weird.

Like I said, I prefer uncompressed, being that I can see the artifacting in the text when compressed, and this project has lots of text.

Are you saying that I can load an RTV directly into TMPEG? Or even the .VTP? It's not in the file requester in TMPEG. Do I need a plugin?

I am running 4.3.1.222 version of TMPEG 4.0 XPress, downloaded in early September.

Thanks again guys.:thumbsup:

Tyler

ScorpioProd
10-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Are you saying that I can load an RTV directly into TMPEG? Or even the .VTP? It's not in the file requester in TMPEG. Do I need a plugin?

I am running 4.3.1.222 version of TMPEG 4.0 XPress, downloaded in early September.

With the third-party plug-ins installed properly, an RTV will load directly into TMPGEnc. It's actually using the same loader that is supplied by the VTP loader to TMPGEnc.

Run your "Third-party application driver installer" again to be sure the plug-in is there. It won't be installed yet if you didn't run the installer or install VT after installing TMPGEnc.

Now having said that, I've only used this with TMPGEnc 2.5, which is still the version of TMPGEnc that I use and recommend.

I think Jim has the newer version and can comment on if this stuff works with that. There used to be something different required for the plug-ins to work with the newer TMPGEnc versions, but I don't remember what that was.

Chris Ksobiech
10-08-2007, 10:51 PM
I saw your post on TMPGEnc. I have been trying to use Adobe Encore v.1.0 to transcode my VT4 project using the AVI wrapper. It worked a couple of times, but now I get an error that Encore doesn't have the correct audio decoder. I would really like to get a DVD transcoder program that is reliable and works with VT4 without having to render first then transcode to get a DVD of my project.

I've seen some discussions on TMPGEnc and heard that it is the best transcoder for the VT projects but TMPGEnc 2.5 is recommended. I looked for this program on google and found one at
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tme2p_feature.html

This is only the 2.0 version. Will this version work? Is this the correct program? Can I use the premium version of 2.0 that also accepts HDV files?

I also read in your post that I need to run the 3rd party installer plugin for VT to recognize TMPGEnc. Where is this installer for the plugin and how do I set it up. I apologize that alot of this is very basic, but I haven't done this before in VT. Is there a procedure for setting this up on the VT site somewhere? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ScorpioProd
10-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Adobe Encore has always had issues with audio via the AVI Wrapper. If you are using the AVI Wrapper with Encore, use it only for the video part of your project. Render out a WAV from VT-EDIT for the audio and put that into Encore. WAVs render fast and are lossless.

The program you put the link to is TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 2.0 Premium, that's not what we've been talking about. We're talking about the TMPGEnc encoder program itself.

Here's the link for TMPGEnc Plus 2.5:

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tp.html

This encoder is made for SD video, not HD. It doesn't have the high quality scaler to support HD sources downconverted to SD. I know the program you linked to does, but I have no idea if the VTP program loader would work with it, though the AVI Wrapper probably would.

The installer is right in your Start button program tree under Newtek>Utilities. Just select it and it will scan your computer for any programs it has plug-ins for and install them for you.

animlab
10-16-2007, 07:32 AM
With the third-party plug-ins installed properly, an RTV will load directly into TMPGEnc. It's actually using the same loader that is supplied by the VTP loader to TMPGEnc.

Run your "Third-party application driver installer" again to be sure the plug-in is there. It won't be installed yet if you didn't run the installer or install VT after installing TMPGEnc.

Now having said that, I've only used this with TMPGEnc 2.5, which is still the version of TMPGEnc that I use and recommend.

The old RTV.vfp seems not works after TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress.