PDA

View Full Version : the construction

jnddepew
10-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I was trying out a trial of Corel Painter X and I decided to try and make a scene. here's a scratch up which I might try to finish called "the construction".
hopefully you'll be able to tell what's going on, because it's very loose and I just did it in a couple of minutes.
If I do decide to finish it, I hope I'll be able to do so before the trial period runs out. :thumbsdow

by the way, If you are looking for inspiration, you might try gnomon workshop (http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/)
I'm not trying to spam or anything, but they have a lot of really good 2d and 3d artists there. they also have monthly contests where they give out free DVD's to the winners. unfortunately, most of the 3d stuff is maya. maybe someone could win a contest using lightwave. that would be kind of cool.

anyway, here's the sketch:

bluerider
10-05-2007, 12:29 PM
I like this sketch a lot. this has enough information to see whats going on and you have kept wonderfully fluid lines. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jnddepew
11-26-2007, 08:57 PM
here's a small update which I did a long time ago but forgot to post.

bluerider
11-27-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this finished now.

jnddepew
12-05-2007, 08:36 PM
bad news--corel painter demo ran out. maybe i could finish it in photoshop. I don't know.

stevecullum
12-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I reckon that would make an awesome matte painting scene!

Using that image as a background reference, you could easily build the scene up. Check out www.mattepainting.org for some tutorial links and amazing inspiration!

jnddepew
12-11-2007, 06:15 AM
is that where you use other pictures as a clone source and you paint onto your picture?

stevecullum
12-11-2007, 10:53 AM
images, painting - whatever you need to make the final image. The hardest part I find, is making everything fit with whatever lighting conditions your using in the scene.

So its best to choose imagery that is as close to what your after as possible, then tweak with curves and levels to make it look right. Check out Dylan Cole's dvd tutorials at the Gnomon workshop.