PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL-texture problem: missing colours

Sande
10-04-2007, 03:51 AM
What is happening?

I encountered a strange bug (?) late last night - I'm texturing an object which has 2048x2048 UV-mapped texture applied and the texture is looking like it's only 16bit, or 8bit, in the OGL viewport. All the colour gradients are screwed and the texture is a dithered mess - when rendered it looks like it should.

First I thought that it had something to do with PSD-fileformat, maybe some blending mode wasn't displayed correctly or something, so I tried it with tiff, then with png and finally with jpeg - everytime with the same results - texture is awfully dithered in OGL-viewport. Then I thought that maybe it is related to size of that texture, so I tried to scale it down, first 1024x and then 512x and still the same results...

I've already tried different OGL-modes, buffered, multitexture, VBO, different channels, different texture resolutions, mip mapping - nothing seems to help.

This happens in 9.3 Win 32bit - I tried the same texture and the same object in OSX 9.3UB and it displayed correctly.

PS. I also tried that texture with just a simple plane (in the case something has gone bad in my model), but it gave exactly the same results...

kopperdrake
11-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Hmm...I'm getting a weird texture issue in 9.3 too - I apply a brick texture to the side of the building and all it's showing me is what looks like a very small part of the whole image, going to check some more settings. Running XP Pro on Bootcamp on an Intel 8 core MacPro with ATI card here.

kopperdrake
11-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Weird, I started dropping the texture size and it came back at 512 x 512 (the texture's only 960 x 640 pixels, 24 bit targa and is the only one loaded into Modeler). Tried to go lower and Modeler crashed, but on restarting it all up the texture now shows fine at whatever resolution.

A glitch I guess...