PDA

View Full Version : Need info on how to use visual fx

Creature
10-04-2007, 03:45 AM
Hi,

I need some info and help.

If I want to make a scene with a real life clip with some lightwave models into it. How will I match it up.
Can I import the clip into lightwave layout like a backdrop to see where I use to position my 3d model animation. Or how do they do those things.

Hear from you guys soon.

Barend

Mr Rid
10-04-2007, 09:25 PM
This question suggests that you need to first read the manual to understand some very basic functions in LW like how to load an image and view it or map it onto geometry.

Use the Image Editor to import images- under Image Type, may select 'sequence.' Under Effects-Compositing window, select one of the images youve imported under 'Background Image.' Under Display Options ('d' key) set Camera View Background to 'Background Image.'

You may also map the images youve imported onto polygons and position them however you want. Using the Texture editor, there are countless ways to composite images with 3D geometry in Lightwave that may involve creating black and white image masks in Photoshop or other 2D program to use in the Transparency channel of a 3D mesh.

RudySchneider
10-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Dan Ablan had a tutorial in his book, "Inside Lightwave 8" that is directly applicable to what you're after, Creature.

Algae998
10-26-2007, 05:56 AM
You might be interested in 3d motion tracking, if youre planning on the live action camera panning or moving and having the models adhere to surfaces...but thats a whole other animal :)