PDA

View Full Version : Synchronizing still pictures to music beat

ARoss7777
06-29-2003, 06:27 AM
I know the video toaster can synchronize still pictures and clips to the beat of music but I don't know how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do you have to change any setting in preferences?

Thanks

Allan Ross

Keith Gandy
06-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Allow the audio track to play in the timeline and while it is running, hit "m" wherever you desire to set a marker. Pretty easy.

ARoss7777
06-29-2003, 10:24 AM
But how do you get the stills to change at the markers in the audio time line. What buttons and settings do you have to pick to do this.

Thanks
Allan

Keith Gandy
06-29-2003, 10:57 AM
In the timeline view place the clip/still at the marker, then drag the end of the clip/still to the second marker. Start the next clip at the end of that marker and proceed to the subsequent marker, dragging the end of that clip to that marker.

One thing that might make things a little easier: When the still length is longer than desired (drag the right end of the clip/still to size) place the cursor in the timeline at the end marker. Then, with the clip/still highlighted, use the quick key command - "c" - cut the clip at the cursor. Then delete the rest of the unwanted clip.

DonN
06-29-2003, 11:14 AM
No No. There is a tutorial on Newtek.com on exactly how to do the sync automatically.

Put music track with markers set, first on the storyboard. Drop all the stills after it.

Click on the music icon to select the music track.
in a grey area of the storyboard, rmb-click to open the menu. at the bottom is the sync to music option. click on it, read instructions if needed, OK, you're done. PLAY. the clips cut exactly on the markers. easy to make changes, add or rearrange clips, then rinse and repeat...

ARoss7777
06-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the tips I really appreciate the help

Allan