PDA

View Full Version : Very Impressed

Filmdesigner
10-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Despite a few teething issues, I am seriously impressed with LW 9.3, especially the new GI render upgrade.

All I need new are a few native Ortho Cameras (I use Mac and the existing cameras cause me problems) and I will be in heaven.

Cheers, Newtek.

Phil
10-04-2007, 05:34 AM
It's of limited use, though, because rendering over a network causes lots of flickering. The implementation of a shared GI cache would make the recent changes far more useful. Hopefully in the next major update.....hopefully quickly.

Ztreem
10-05-2007, 03:05 AM
All I need new are a few native Ortho Cameras (I use Mac and the existing cameras cause me problems) and I will be in heaven.

So, what problem do you have with the ortho camera? have you tested the advanced camera? I think they are quite powerful. If they don't work on mac maybe it's a bug that need fixing.

Sensei
10-05-2007, 03:15 AM
So, what problem do you have with the ortho camera? have you tested the advanced camera? I think they are quite powerful. If they don't work on mac maybe it's a bug that need fixing.

ACT API was changed between LW v9.0 and LW v9.2 and 3rd party cameras made for LW v9.0 cannot be used in any later LW version.. Perhaps it's what he had in mind..

Ztreem
10-05-2007, 04:11 AM
ACT API was changed between LW v9.0 and LW v9.2 and 3rd party cameras made for LW v9.0 cannot be used in any later LW version.. Perhaps it's what he had in mind..

Ok, didn't know that.
I just thought that he wanted a native ortho camera, but we allready have that. :confused: