PDA

View Full Version : Hello

visualaw
10-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Hello All,
My username is visualaw, this is my 1 attempt at this kind of thing, so be patient with me as I'm new to this. At this juncture, I just want to say Greetings, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to whomever can read this. My reasons for doing this and being here is to learn as much as I can about lightwave v9, Layout/Modeler and the great tools available for 3d graphics and animations, by being in constant contact with those who do it professionally. My goal is to get to a point where this is my profession and I become one that can give advice..."each one teach one". I promise to be a worthy "grasshopper" to work hard, be creative and diligently seek to get the pebble.:)

THREEL
10-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Welcome aboard visualaw! This is a great place to learn :lwicon:. Lot's of people willing to help. I, also, sent you a PM greeting to check out. :)

Don't be afraid to ask questions here, because we're all here to learn from each other. :thumbsup:

tHREEL, but you can call me AL. :D

Steamthrower
10-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Welcome! I'll have to ask, have you used any free 3D programs before, like Anim8or or Blender? That's where a lot of people start. And what made you choose Lightwave?

The forums here are pretty nice; *normally* you'll have an answer to your question within minutes.

bluerider
10-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Greetings visualaw :)

Steamthrower
10-02-2007, 05:48 AM
3DGFX, I'd have to say that that was just pretty coarse.

3DGFXStudios
10-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Sorry I know but I don't like when people involve others with their conviction or belief! So it's your lord....

Sorry man!

stevecullum
10-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Welcome to the most helpful and friendly forum around visualaw!

Sande
10-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Greetings, in the name of our Lord Darth Vader, and welcome aboard grasshopper! :)

IMI
10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Sorry I know but I don't like when people involve others with their conviction or belief! So it's your lord....

Sorry man!

I saw your original response and was going to say something, but I decided to let it slide.
Well, you apologized, so that's good. :)

I didn't see anything at all in visualaw's first post involving others with his conviction or belief. He just wanted it to be known he's a Christian. For many people, that's far more than a philosophy or a religion, but a way of life.

Kinda like Mac or PC - when's the last time you jumped on a new member who had specs you didn't like? ;)

You should have read his profile before casting the first stone, (which I did, right away) I'm not new to Newtek/Lightwave, as I bought one of the first VT, when it was exclusively on the Amiga 2k.

In any event, welcome to you, visualaw! :)

theo
10-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Aw visual... I mean Aw shucks visual... I mean you're visual awrighty... I mean... what DO I mean?

Sufficed to say this is a greeting... Or, is this a mangled attempt to insert humor where it doth not belawng.

Have fun in the Lightwave ward, man... it does get a bit, um, odd at times, shall we say. Though, odd can be useful, oddly enough. At least things are oddly professional... wait, I mean professionally odd. If you're going to need assistance from an oddness climate it should be professional oddness, at the very least. :thumbsup:

This is a ward, isn't it? Or am I the only one with my feet chained to the bedpost? :D

Signal to Noise
10-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the World of NewTek.

Help yourself to the beer (or rootbeer) in the fridge and you'll find the nuts all over these forums. ;)

theo
10-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Welcome to the World of NewTek.

Help yourself to the beer (or rootbeer) in the fridge and you'll find the nuts all over these forums. ;)

The pecawn speaks... :D

nomad108
10-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Have fun in the Lightwave ward, man... it does get a bit, um, odd at times, shall we say. Though, odd can be useful, oddly enough. At least things are oddly professional... wait, I mean professionally odd. If you're going to need assistance from an oddness climate it should be professional oddness, at the very least. :thumbsup:

I heard Oddity was banned! Does this mean that oddness still roams the halls? :D

Welcome visualaw. :)

theo
10-04-2007, 10:44 AM
I heard Oddity was banned! Does this mean that oddness still roams the halls? :D

Welcome visualaw. :)

There was plenty of oddness before him and the supply thereof has remained quite bountiful even after his recent departure.

He cerainly did not have the patent on oddness, though he was certainly oddly caustic and oddly impatient of other fellow creatives, many of whom respected him.

Not the strain of oddness that wins precious points in the game of life.:thumbsup: It goes without saying he is quite good at what he does... though, with great talent comes great responsibility.