PDA

View Full Version : Looking for n00b tutorials....

X PsychoTron X
06-28-2003, 04:27 PM
... For lightwave, my friend said that he would let me fool around with it while I'm over at his place. So I figured I would come here and ask for some tutorials. Can someone point me out to some stuff that will show me the basics? I bought the book Inside Lightwave 7, and I've read a little bit of it. It's just that the book is so freaking huge and intimidating and I kind of don't have the time for all that reading. (I'll get to it though) :D

dablan
06-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey -
thanks for getting my book!
It's not as tough as you think! One step at a time.

The best bet is to go through the excellent tutorials here on the NewTek site, and those on the web. They're all free, and can really help you get going.

Another aspect you might consider is the 3D Garage Signature Courseware. This is a 20 hour CD-ROM based video/audio instruction set - taught be yours truly. There's a sample you can download from www.3dgarage.com - we've helped not just new users, and complete beginners, but seasoned LightWaver's as well. It takes you through every button and panel in Modeler and Layout. You'll understand the program in no time, and be amazed at what you can create.

Best of luck,
Dan Ablan

X PsychoTron X
06-29-2003, 11:09 PM
Haha too cool man. Your book rules for sure, it's just freaking thick. I do intend to read it, I just wanted a few tutorials to get me in the mood. Anyhow thanks for the reply man, and thanks for writing a cool book. :D

dablan
06-29-2003, 11:37 PM
No problem! Thanks for reading it.
Actually, the publisher wants it a little less thick next time :)

So, we're doing two new books:

LightWave Killer Tips!
And, the next edition of "INSIDE LightWave"

Keep an eye on Amazon.com and danablan.com

Cheers,
Dan Ablan
www.3dgarage.com

MarkJTaylor
07-01-2003, 01:11 PM
Dan; any idea of when Lightwave Killer Tips is expected to release. I was a huge fan of Kelby's Photoshop book; and the thought of a KillerTips book for Lightwave just makes me drool and weak at the knees.

Sincerely;

dablan
07-01-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm co-authoring it with my friend Randy Sharp of Digital Domain. We're working hard to meet our fall release. Of course, this all depends on the next rev. of LightWave too.

Thanks!
Dan

MarkJTaylor
07-01-2003, 02:40 PM
This is most excellent news. I eagerly await the release :) And thanks.

Sincerely;

munky
07-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Psychotron

Dan's book is the bible but if youre a flibbrety jibberert like me with the attentionspan of a goldfish then try Flay.com it has links and loads of tutorials just for lightwave.

regards

paul

X PsychoTron X
07-02-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by munky
Psychotron

Dan's book is the bible but if youre a flibbrety jibberert like me with the attentionspan of a goldfish then try Flay.com it has links and loads of tutorials just for lightwave.

regards

paul

Hehe thanks man, most of the time I'm pretty good with the whole attention span thing. It's just that lately I've been so damn busy, when I do sit down and try to read Dan's book I always drift off into something else. I'm thinking some good tutorials will get me in the mood to dig into his book. Thanks for the link man. :)

dablan
07-02-2003, 06:56 PM
www.flay.com ROCKS.

Dan Ablan
AGA Digital Studios, Inc.
Chicago

www.3dgarage.com