PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

NateW
10-01-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't ever remember being more frustrated with any software.

I can't load a scene like the tutorial says. I can't highlight the front of a eps logo like the tutorial says. I have no idea why the selection tools will sometimes grab one or two points then grab them all? I am trying to do my own projects by following along with the tutorials, but then I'll run into something where my Mac version won't let me follow along the windows tutorial.

Plus, the tutorial seems to be making the assumption that I have already familiarized myself with this software. What am I missing? Is there another "Part 1" to the tutorail I am missing?

archijam
10-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Dear Frustrated,

The selection modes in Modeler are very powerful, and work differently to alot of other programs, ie. Modeler does not favour points, (edges,) or polygons, each is just a different selction mode (think of the white and black arrows in Illustrator). You can simply hit space to toggle between the different modes. Also, if nothing is selected, then everything is selected, if you know what I mean...

Small quirks that I love after using MAX for years. Modelling in LW is 'different' .. I prefer it alot, but it takes a little effort to get used to it.

As to the tutorials, you will have to mention which one. The tutorials have not been converted to mac, but most do not use plugins, so should be compatible...

Yours,

j.