PDA

View Full Version : high subpatch causing render problem in 9.3 that wasnt in 9.0

littlewaves
09-30-2007, 05:50 PM
If anyone has a moment could they try this out?

I noticed a little quirk with 9.3 when trying the Fur Displacement video tutorial at ftp://ftp.newtek.com/products/LightWave/Videos/FurDisplacement.mov

Basically in 9.0 when I crank up the render subpatch level to 40 or so the render starts straight away.

When I try the same in either ppc or Universal version of 9.3 there is a long pause where it appears to have crashed after I hit render.

After about 30 to 40 seconds the render display comes back to life and starts to render (incidentally it displays the true render time including the frozen 30 to 40 secs)

the long and short of it is that it takes longer to render a high subpatched sphere in Universal 9.3 than it does under rosetta in 9.0 ppc.

unfortunately I've trashed all the intermediate updates like 9.2 betas so I'm not sure whether it's just a problem with the latest build.

I've tried it out on my laptop as well (also intel mac) and get the same trouble.

Anyone got any ideas? I've posted this in the Mac forum to see if other mac users have the same problem. I guess if everyone is then I'll need to ask the PC folk but would have thought if it was a global problem someone else would have spotted it by now