PDA

View Full Version : Space Navigator support in lightwave

Gar
09-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Hello everyone,

on cgchannel.com there is a review on the space navigator by 3DConnexion. I have used there high end model which is overkill for lightwave, but this new light version would be fantastic. Unfortunately Lightwave is not on their list for supported products. They suggested that someone may have a plugin in development so that this product can be used.

I used the higher end on and it takes about 15 minutes to get used to and then its incredible...it saves a ton of time modeling and repositioning items. Do you self a favour and have a look at the review of this item, and they have some videos on there website showing how it works...Its only 59 US dollars and would be a welcome tool to help in 3D.

Thanks
thegary

iconoclasty
09-30-2007, 09:58 PM
We've been discussing this product on another thread too:
http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71499
Thanks for your input, I want to get my hands on one.

Gar
10-01-2007, 04:48 PM
NEWTEK READ THE THREADS! your users want to use space navigators and other 3d mouse type products! Everytime i read something like this, meaning newtek isn't saying anything leads me to believe they don't care. Its alot of money to spend on software when they are not working the way that suits most best. You can add all the options and features you want to a program, but in the industry of graphics and film, time is a very important factor. The Space Navigator speeds up workflow...PERIOD..Which means the powers are happy, which means i can get my work done faster and easier do to a simple device that costs $59.00....

Please add support soon..

thanks
gar