PDA

View Full Version : Sticking the texture

LaurenceRietdij
09-28-2007, 03:55 AM
hey,

I realy like how easy it is to apply textures in LW. That was untill I opened Layout and I realised that if I scale or move my objects, the textures stay in the same place, which is realy realy bad.

How do u make the textures stay alighned with the object?

BeeVee
09-28-2007, 04:39 AM
You mean Modeler? The textures move because Modeler does not have local coordinates, but they will be fine inside Layout.

B
PS. if you use UV maps then they'll stick in Modeler too.

Surrealist.
09-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Also another thing it could be - if you are in Layout - is your textures are set to world coordinates for some reason. The check box for this is in the Texture Panel when you set your texture type to Image Map.

LaurenceRietdij
10-02-2007, 04:46 AM
Yeah, ur right. The Textures stay with it in layout.

I'm trying to bone a Jacket but my problem is that when I move the arms it distorts the waist because the arms are too close to the sides. Do I need to fix it in modler and then redo the texures? Or is there a way to reduce the range of the bones in layout?. I know there was when I used Max, as much as I didn't like that program.

Surrealist.
10-02-2007, 02:54 PM
For that you want to reduce the bone influence.

Try a Inverse Distance Fall off of 128 as a starting point. This is a global setting for all bones.

Then you can adjust the rest length in real time with the bone active and toggle Multiply by Rest Length on and off for each bone. All in real time to test the deformations. Pose your character and check it out.

Finally you can attach a "Hold Bone" to the waist. Basically just create a new bone, call it Waist Hold or something and position it the near the waist and parent it to the pelvis bone. You may have to make the rest length of this bone very small, but you can pose your character and fine tune it in real time.