PDA

View Full Version : Can I Capture without DSK CG Titles?

gcosgrove
09-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Our Church is using a VT[4] with all of our song lyrics (lower thirds) loaded into a DDR and displayed using the DSK.

Is there anyway to capture the "Program Out" without having the DSK titles captured so that we can overlay "better motion lower thirds" in post-production for a broadcast?

Thanks for any help!

Gary Cosgrove

Ivan
09-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Can't you capture Main out? If you need to capture to an external device, set DV to out from Main and capture to a DV Deck.

Ivan

chribba
09-28-2007, 02:57 AM
Can't you capture Main out? If you need to capture to an external device, set DV to out from Main and capture to a DV Deck.

Ivan

Then you miss mix and DVEs dont u?

chribba

Ivan
09-28-2007, 05:46 AM
Pretty sure that's how it works. Is there another way without a second machine? I guess another option would be to mix the overlays after Program out OR make completely opaque lower thirds in post OR put tape in all the cameras and redo segments that have overlays in post.

Ivan

SBowie
09-28-2007, 07:04 AM
I think, as Ivan said, assuming you want to capture the DVEs you're stuck with the idea of covering the original graphics with more elaborate ones later. I have been in this situation before, and if you anticipate it you can make life easier for yourself by well-though out placement of 'minimalist' live CG work.