PDA

View Full Version : Need help :)

foxxyb80
09-27-2007, 04:05 PM
I just started using lightwave for my class, and I can't remember how to do a flip so that the object is a mirror image. (this is in modeler btw). any help would be most appreciated!

RudySchneider
09-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I assume you truly mean mirror an object, and not "flipping" faces of an object. Most of LightWave's tools are fairly intuitive. For instance, mirroring an object falls under the "Duplicate" section of the Multiply tab. You can actually create a second object that is mirrored along the specified axis.

foxxyb80
09-27-2007, 04:22 PM
sorry, its not actually an object yet, its a sline. i need the sline to flip. i remember something about clicking the sline and then putting the cursor in the top (xz) box but i totally forgot what to do next.

Surrealist.
09-27-2007, 04:38 PM
if you want the spline to be flipped - that is, the head and tail reversed - select it and hit f.

If you want to mirror it, you don't have to select it, unless you have other things in the layer you don't want mirrored.

Just select the mirror tool (shift v) and then click in the viewport where you want the center of the mirror to happen and the slipne will be duplicated. Changing the direction of the mirror can be a trick with the mouse but you can press n for numeric and change the axis from there if you find it hard at first. You can also manually put the center at 0 0 0 center. Good for setting up car objects and other things that need symmetry.

foxxyb80
09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanx so much :)

RudySchneider
09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Well, there's always just placing your mouse cursor in the appropriate edit window and pressing 'r', for "rotate." Two such operations will effectively mirror your sline across the origin.

Surrealist's suggestion's better (shift-v).

By the way, you don't need to select it. By default, selecting nothing selects everything.

Surrealist.
09-27-2007, 07:32 PM
You're right. Out of habit I always select a spline so I can see which way it is "facing" before I flip.