PDA

View Full Version : Announce: Camera Controller 1.0 : VT/TriCaster

dhomas
09-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Announce: Camera Controller 1.0 : VT/TriCaster
================================================

youngmonkey is pleased to announce the release of Camera Controller for VT and all TriCasters.

Camera Controller provides remote control of pan/tilt robotic video cameras that support the VISCA protocol, such as the Sony EVI-D30, EVI-D70, BRC-300. Follow the link below for full details.

CLE
09-26-2007, 01:01 PM
How does the camera hook up to the Tricaster? Which of the ports on the back are COM ports? What kind of cable would I need?

Also, you mention needing multiple COM ports for more than 1 camera, but doesn't the VISCA daisychain from 1 cam to the next? That's how I do it.

And, oh yeah, where on the Tricaster screen does your control area live? Is it an overlay or pop-up style window? It would be great to see a screengrab of the full tricaster screen and how your window fits in in relation.

This is definitely a GREAT product and I'm very interested.

dhomas
09-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Cameras can be connected to the RS232 serial port on TriCaster and TriCaster Pro. On TriCaster Studio (or on TriCaster and TriCaster Pro), you can use an RS232/USB adaptor of some sort... we have a referral link on the product page of our website for advice on hardware integration with these cameras. They have been testing multi-port serial adaptors for this use.

We will be testing the VISCA daisychain method soon, and expect to offer that capability in the near future. In the mean time, each camera on a separate COM port is working.

Our user interface opens up as a separate floating window that can be positioned wherever you want. It fits nicely down over the Audio Mixer for example. Unfortunately, we're a bit behind on our demos... there's just not enough days in the hour here!

Jim_C
09-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi Dhomas,

Is there any real latency between button pushing and camera movemnent, and can the camera controls be assigned to shortcut keys?

Thanks
Jim

dhomas
09-26-2007, 02:09 PM
We have some of the functions currently implemented in ToasterScript, and thus assignable to hotkeys: Camera Select 1-7, Preset 1-6 (Recall/Reset/Store), Power On/Off. We are exploring a way to handle the pan/tilt functions via hotkey, which are handled differently because they are start/stop commands to the camera.

We aren't seeing latency of concern here, but it would depend on the length of your control cable I presume. Our testing is done at about 10 feet.

We'll be adding camera control functionality to our other plugins, such as Scheduler, too... Allowing all kinds of exciting possibilities.