PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Vue, Syntheyes, LW9 workflow question

LemurGuy
09-26-2007, 12:40 PM
So heres the situation:

Shot a green screen movie. Mattes pulled in After Effects, motion tracks made using syntheyes then exported to LW as scene files. That scene file is then merged with a CG city built in LW. So now I've got perfectly matched virtual camera moves to later composite the actors into later, HOWEVER the environment and ecosystem are being done in VUE.

My dilemma is that I have to construct the environment around a city thats all individual objects in a LW scene file. Vue has no problem importing .lwo files, and using xStream I can import the camera, however i cannot figure out how to grab a .lws layout and bring it into VUE to create the environment round it. The final renders are also being done in VUE because of it's ability to handle the billions of polys needed for the complex landscapes and trees.

Is there a way to export all the objects in a scene as a single object? that would be easiest. Or does anyone know how to just merge a LW scene file and a Vue scene file into VUE. I know it can be done into LW.

wildr3d
09-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Try this,

http://lightfreeze.newsit.es/BuyNow.html

LemurGuy
09-26-2007, 01:37 PM
that looks perfect! thanks .. gunna give the demo a try