PDA

View Full Version : Selective Color

dwindholz
09-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Does anyone out there know how to use the selective color options to edit a video to look like one of the gatorade commercials where everything is black and white but the sweat is colored. I was told there is a way to achieve this effect in SpeedEdit but I can not find out how to do it. Please help.:help:

SBowie
09-26-2007, 08:25 AM
I doubt there is enough 'differential color' to do this using Selective Color or similar grading treatments if the sweat is simply water (or sweat, of course.) One might (repeat might) be able to do something by actually using a suitably coloured liquid in place of water (but then why not just use orange soda pop.)

In at least on case, the 'sweat' was actually done using 3D particles and head/body models, but for the most part these effects have been done using straighforward roto techniques - with or without tracking masks. This would be quite easy for a still, more demanding for video - esp. as the action speeds up.

dwindholz
09-28-2007, 07:20 AM
If I am not able to do it using selective color do you know of any way i would be able to achieve that particular affect in SpeedEdit or VT4. Those are the programs i have avaliable to me. Any tutorials that teach me everything to do with the color options would be helpful, just to give me a base of what all the options are.

3DGFXStudios
09-28-2007, 07:32 AM
you can also key it and maken an alpha of the key

SBowie
09-28-2007, 07:38 AM
you can also key it and maken an alpha of the keyI think it will be equally difficult to get a clean key from a transaprent liquid on flesh, honestly.

As you have VT[4], Aura will provide the tools you need to do this. Maybe post a sample frame here and we can likely provide further specifics.

3DGFXStudios
09-28-2007, 07:42 AM
I think it will be equally difficult to get a clean key from a transaprent liquid on flesh, honestly.

As you have VT[4], Aura will provide the tools you need to do this. Maybe post a sample frame here and we can likely provide further specifics.

yup thats right. bu i don't know what the footage looks like....show it:D