PDA

View Full Version : Video Out Problems. I think?

INOV8Pro
06-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Hey all:

I'm completing my very first project it TED. The problem I'm having is that the output to my external monitor, composit out, in certain parts of my video seems to be high in the gamma and saturation in certain parts of my video. These parts seem to be DV video that is hotter in terms of brightness. What might be causing this. It looks fine when played from tape to my external monitor. My program out on my computer shows no need for color correction, just my external monitor. Perhaps I have a setting wrong. I haven't tried YC out but I'll give it a try. Composit should work though.

Also is there a way to output the final progect through firewire or do I need to wait for the V3.

Thanks for you help.

Paul

INOV8Pro
06-27-2003, 05:22 PM
I tried YC output from my toaster and I ony get black and white on my external monitor. I must have some setting wrong. Any ideas?

Paul

SBowie
06-27-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by INOV8Pro
I tried YC output from my toaster and I ony get black and white on my external monitor. I must have some setting wrong. Any ideas?

Paul

Near the top of the Prefs settings panel, switch output from component to Y/C.

INOV8Pro
06-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Thanks Steve:

I was just about to let everyone know I had solved the problem myself. You beat me to it.

Thanks again,

Paul

Jim Capillo
06-27-2003, 07:30 PM
Hey all:

I'm completing my very first project it TED. The problem I'm having is that the output to my external monitor, composit out, in certain parts of my video seems to be high in the gamma and saturation in certain parts of my video. These parts seem to be DV video that is hotter in terms of brightness. What might be causing this. It looks fine when played from tape to my external monitor. My program out on my computer shows no need for color correction, just my external monitor. Perhaps I have a setting wrong. I haven't tried YC out but I'll give it a try. Composit should work though.

Also is there a way to output the final progect through firewire or do I need to wait for the V3.

Thanks for you help.

Paul

Paul, have you terminated the output after the monitor? Some monitors are automatic, but most have switches near the BNC connector. Are you using an external waveform/vectorscope? If you have access to a waveform, hook it up after the monitor and see what your levels look like. Sorry if this is simplified stuff, but it really could be a lot of things.

You could also turn down those clip parts that are hot with a proc amp and then render it out as a single clip.....

Jim Capillo
06-27-2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks Steve:

I was just about to let everyone know I had solved the problem myself. You beat me to it.

Thanks again,

Paul

Geeze, me too...... for some reason your last message didn't show until I posted.

Oh well.... glad you got it fixed !

INOV8Pro
06-27-2003, 07:59 PM
Hmmm...

Well I got the video out working through Y/C and the picture looks perfect. BUT, when I go out through the composit those certain video clips show as hot in gamma and saturation. Any ideas? I would certainly like to have those clips work in composit out as well as Y/C out. I don't have an external waveform monitor to check thet composit signal.

Thanks

Paul

SBowie
06-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Jim's thought about (video) termination seems like one potential culprit alright - did you check that?

INOV8Pro
06-27-2003, 09:20 PM
Ok, I think it was my monitor. By monitor I ment my Zenith TV. It appears that it doesn't have any termination capabilities. I tried the composit out on my Sony 5" portable PVM-5041Q cofidence monitor and it looked fine.

Anyone recommend an affordable professional monitor that can handle 4:3 and 16:9 and is a decent size?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Lara
06-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Anyone recommend an affordable professional monitor that can handle 4:3 and 16:9 and is a decent size?

There's always Toaster Vision! :cool: