PDA

View Full Version : SLOW refresh now dead slow everything

Filmdesigner
09-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally I had problems with just the menus refreshing, now the whole of Layout takes forever to refresh. I can wait for 30 seconds for the highlighted item to actually highlight on screen, which is a pain.

I have noted a problem with the item selection pop-up in Layout (bottom left next to Objects, Bone Lights Etc...). It will pop-up and let me scroll down a few items before freezing. I need to select the last item and then open the pop-up again to get lower down the list. Or just use the arrows to scroll.

I have reduced the Open GL requirements to almost zero to no avail.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Chilton
09-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi,

Rename the hub and see if that fixes it.

-Chilton

Filmdesigner
09-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks, Chilton.

No luck. Still slow. Before I post again I will restart and open LW again with the Hub and the same without. I will let you know.

Cheers

Filmdesigner
09-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Chilton, I have disabled the HUB, restarted and reloaded the scene. If anything it is now taking more time to select and Layout seems a lot slower than before. This is confusing me as all the usual tricks don't appear to work.

Filmdesigner
09-25-2007, 01:43 AM
I suspect the newer version of LW is highly sensitive to TIF and PNG files. If I scale an object like a sky map, problems start happening. If I delete the object and reload the problem goes away for a little while.

Weird.