PDA

View Full Version : Bones stopped working on Friday, now it's Monday and they work???

JDeGraff
09-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Let me preface by saying that I'm VERY new to character animation and rigging (hey, stop wincing! :D ).

On Friday I was working on rigging a dolphin for a banner ad we were doing at work, and suddenly the bones stopped working (this is LW8). I'd created them as skelegons in modeler, and then converted them to bones in layout. I tried re-loading the incremental scenes I had saved with no joy. Even closing Layout and re-starting it didn't bring functionality back. I then loaded the character_surprise.lws from Dan Ablan's Inside LW[8] book, and they didn't work there either! Took the scene files home to my machine there and they worked, and I continued working on my character rig there. To make things even more confusing, I just checked my machine at work this morning (Monday) with Ablan's file again (right off the CD), and now it works!?!!

WTH? Now, I don't think I did a hard boot on Friday when I was experiencing this problem. Is that the normal fix? Until I re-checked this morning, I thought I'd somehow globally de-activated bones or somehow invoked a de-bug mode that turned them off. Any ideas?

Thx,
Jesse

Dodgy
09-24-2007, 11:49 AM
You can turn off deformations by pressing shift+d (I think that's the key combo)... You might have done that...

prospector
09-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Check the BoneUnionRules.cfg files. There was a time when coders who wanted to belong to unions coded in union hours, so it may have been because of the weekend......

OK OK your relitivly new here so I'll be nice....forget above :D
Dodgy probably has answer.