PDA

View Full Version : Live Switching - Preview bleeds into program

aferrin
09-24-2007, 10:07 AM
8~ I could go on for hours with problems my VT4 has had in live switching environments. Needless to say, I followed advice from previous threads - and our first football game was still a complete FLOP!

Almost every time my TD hit a preview source, it caused video strobe in my program feed. We have had delay and sync issues so I was told to preview my sources first, then hit cut. Didn't matter if we previewed or hot cut along program - we got delays and/or held sources with strobe for upwards of 2-3 SECONDS!

Has ANYONE had issues with preview sources effecting program feeds?
Has ANYONE has issues where after a cut is taken, there is not only delay but the preview source strobes during the delay cut?

Please keep in mind - same delay/strobe issues whether I preview a source, then cut or whether I cut along the program bus. Had issues either way.

:help: PLEASE HELP!!!

kleima
09-24-2007, 10:55 AM
It is possible that you may need to send your VT card in for repair.

UnCommonGrafx
09-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Yes.

Firstly on the strobing: could be a bad wire from a camera. I found this to be the case this past weekend. Not sure if my camera guy moved or if it was affected by doing a take to and fro but I was able to clear it up.

Secondly, when I did see ghosting, i.e., sources cross feeding, I seem to have hit upon what I'm going to label a bug but I don't have enough data yet to confirm. Anyway, what I did to get it to show up was to pull the tbar down partially and hit the take command. I had to initiate a fade to get it to clear up as a take just switches around the dominant image.
Most of this was with the keyboard equivalents of enter and spacebar.
What this tells me is that a partial tbar movement will cause this, the ghosting, and a take won't clear it up.

Lastly, call tech support and talk to someone. Mayhaps they will have you send the card back in. It really is painless to do and they send it back rather quickly. Or, let your dealer do it and get a loaner card.
You really ought to have a loaner card, too... (Talking to myself here, as well.) ;)

aferrin
09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
This is where I am stumped. I had our engineer run all feeds through waveforms/vectorscope prior to into the BOB, and everything is rock solid?!

Unfortunately, this is the 3rd or 4th VT card I am on. Newtek/Local Vendor claimed bad cards in each of the previous problems.

With the delay, conflicting sources suggested previewing then take. Didn't seem to matter either way... As annoying as that is, this interference from Preview into Program is killing me!!!

vanderwielen
09-24-2007, 02:23 PM
This may sound funny...but describe in detail how you are remoting your cameras. composite or y/c. are you simply running video thru hundreds of feet of coax?

aferrin
09-24-2007, 03:26 PM
This may sound funny...but describe in detail how you are remoting your cameras. composite or y/c. are you simply running video thru hundreds of feet of coax?

I am running 5 live camera feeds and 2 replay feeds (all composite).
2 field cameras run through long coax to fiber, then fiber up to me.
3 cameras in the stands run through coax to me.
I am running 3 cameras through DA's and out.

Each source is looped through a monitor and into the BOB.

There is a lot of long coax runs. I was a little concerned but there is very little roll-off on bars into the waveform monitor. Engineer claims feeds rock solid into BOB. I guess bottom line is signals appear clean. If the VT is ULTRA sensitive, I guess this may be another story/!...

vanderwielen
09-24-2007, 05:42 PM
runs sound fine....next i'd suspect the sx-84.

aferrin
09-25-2007, 08:43 AM
runs sound fine....next i'd suspect the sx-84.

:) Thanks for your interest in my problem!

With similar problems occuring earlier in the year, we swapped out the BOB (sx-84) and it didn't clear up the problem. Swapped cables one at a time as well.

Through my vendor I have enlisted the support of Newtek, with no response to multiple inquiries...

Ron Kirby
09-25-2007, 02:33 PM
When I heard Mr. Ferrin was in need of a system to control the JumboTron at our local University, I immediately contacted him and urged him to look at the NewTek system. The local vendor, (great folks to work with) showed him what the NewTek system was capable of and he was sold. I was excited to have a large University tap into NewTek’s products.
However the end result has been disappointing. Attending the University’s football games and seeing the strobing between switchs…in person…I felt like bowing my head in shame.

Mr. Ferrin has taken a fair amount of heat at Weber State University for his decision to go with NewTek.

I suggested he seek help from the NewTek community via the discussion forums, and the community has been absolutely outstanding!

I’m sorry I cannot say the same for NewTek.

To get NewTek’s products into the University’s media department was a great achievement. A major University where students are introduced to the media arts and where most form opinions early on about brands of equipment, NewTek has gotten a black eye on campus.

NewTek please step up a help correct this situation. I’m proud to have owned and operated NewTek systems since 1991. I love them and what they have helped me achieve over the last 16 years. But this situation is EMBRASSING for everyone.

donny
09-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Hello aferrin check your VGA cables for the input, output, audio, and control should be using the ones with the ferite-beads if not it could cause some ghosting on the program out. Do you see this on the VT visions as well or just the program out? If you would like give me a call directly at the 210-341-8444 Tech Support line and I can help go over the system.

UnCommonGrafx
09-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Fascinating post. That it ends up here, with a definite plea for help, seems to fit with some of the other complaints leveled elsewhere. This is quite disparaging and a dissapointment.

Today, I saw a globalcaster (don't know if this is the right name or not) in place of my two VT-A boxes I left at the school I've returned to. I may even get to play with it. I will be taking my VT in to show and compare value and features with it.

All of this to say, I have mentioned NewTek once in regards to my needs on campus and that was for LightWave. I am dubious that the present architecture and tools are maturing in a way that I would stand up to say, "Buy it; they are really taking care of the future."

I sure hope some of the folks on this list are able to step up to help you out. Right off the bat, Jef Keathly (sp is wrong I think) comes to mind. Otherwise, I have bad feelings about the future...

aferrin
09-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Hello aferrin check your VGA cables for the input, output, audio, and control should be using the ones with the ferite-beads if not it could cause some ghosting on the program out. Do you see this on the VT visions as well or just the program out? If you would like give me a call directly at the 210-341-8444 Tech Support line and I can help go over the system.

Thanks Donny, I will check the cables.
Part of my frustration, is that this system is installed at the stadium. To run the system in it's environment is a couple hours worth of work each time I have troubleshot. 8~ (which has been many...)

:phone_cal I will find some time and get you called.
Thanks!

kleima
09-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Come on Robert, there was a plea for help, yes, but that does not mean the future is dark! I am confident that Newtek will help in any way they can! They are very helpful, and as you well know, the head of engineering is often here answering questions in this forum.

UnCommonGrafx
09-27-2007, 02:15 PM
I do know this, Kleima.

And mayhaps, that "things are dark" are more for me and my participation in things that are happening as of late. I am dissatisfied with what I've gotten for my money, as of late, and it's not sped up to my satisfaction as of yet. SE as it was released has been a disappointment for me.

Also, I am now back in education and would love to have the company that has supported me in the school. However, I could easily be shot were I to bring in SE as the editing app of the future. VT might work for the studio but I can't see them parting with that much cash when they already have an investment in a GC.

I still own what I own; yet where I am, I can't see bringing those tools in here as reasonable.

I am clear on this much: it is not NewTek and their tools which are behind, it's me. I get to have more in my editing tools; switching wise, I'm good for the basics. Here's hoping the chroma keyer is much better than its been.

I would rather have the future bright for us all.

Paul Lara
09-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Here's hoping the chroma keyer is much better than its been.

...and CUE the Video Evangelist! :D

Yes, Robert, the keying in VT[5] has taken an exponential leap forward, in several ways:
- much cleaner keying of Y/C and component video
- ability to preview your key before committing to air
- ability to preview the key quality by isolating the color channel, edging, and spill
- and, of course, LiveSet now gives you the ability to lock a key to any switcher source and from that point on, just do a program-row punch.

aferrin
10-01-2007, 10:05 AM
...and CUE the Video Evangelist! :D

Yes, Robert, the keying in VT[5] has taken an exponential leap forward, in several ways...

Please help me if I am a little behind on the news...
Has VT5 been released?:confused:

I keep hearing rumors that VT5 is going to solve so many problems, etc. yet I have not gotten any official word of the release. I'd sure like to see if VT5 is going to rid my system of my never ending nightmare...

Any word on release?!... Paul, are you beta testing?...

Paul Lara
10-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Paul, are you beta testing?...

We are beyond beta testing, and now working on Release candidate versions of VT[5]

aferrin
10-04-2007, 06:09 PM
:compbeati :bangwall:

Set up all equipment at football stadium.
Lined up local vendor to come up, a local producer, and we called Newtek technical support.

We ran every test imaginable to eliminate things which could bring "noise" into the system. We also swapped out VT systems and glitch still existed.

We even brought all cameras to the control room for direct feed tests. The problems exist even on direct feeds from camera.

Vendor and Newtek now telling me it must be a timing issue in my cameras which is causing the "glitch". Which is an easy escape in my mind...this setup worked just fine with a 4 port panasonic switcher.

I have done EVERYTHING asked of my to rid my system of this bug. If this system is SOOO sensitive to issues related to timing, etc. - it shouldn't be on the market!

Can anyone explain why when I hit a preview source, there is temporary strobing in the program feed. When I hot cut along program bus, there is strobing in the preview feed?

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

PIZAZZ
10-04-2007, 09:25 PM
I am running 5 live camera feeds and 2 replay feeds (all composite).
2 field cameras run through long coax to fiber, then fiber up to me.
3 cameras in the stands run through coax to me.
I am running 3 cameras through DA's and out.

Each source is looped through a monitor and into the BOB.

There is a lot of long coax runs. I was a little concerned but there is very little roll-off on bars into the waveform monitor. Engineer claims feeds rock solid into BOB. I guess bottom line is signals appear clean. If the VT is ULTRA sensitive, I guess this may be another story/!...

I have been following you issue and finally have some time to offer some assistance.

In reference to the above info from you. Please share the following info with us:

1. Make and Model of Cameras in use
2. Since you mentioned using long coax runs and you are using Composite inputs into the VT, are the cameras and other gear genlocked together?
3. When you say long runs... Estimate how long is long to you. 100', 200', 500'?
4. You mentioned using loop thru on your monitors. Have you plugged the cameras directly into the VT's SX84?
5. Is termination turned on or off on the SX84? it is in the software virtual SX84.
6. What kind of Coax are you using? RG6 or RG59 or ???
7. What kind of DAs are you using?
8. What kind of Preview Monitors are you using?

This is where I would start if you were my client. We need more info in order to make an educated guess.

You mentioned also you have traded VT cards out. What about SX84's? What about cables from the card to the SX84?

Last but not least, you mentioned changing out whole VT systems, I that true? If so, then did both system exhibit EXACTLY the same behavior? What are the specs of both VT systems such as mobo, graphics, basic system design. If they are exactly configured then maybe there is an issue with that pc configuration. I am honestly guessing now but I have had some weird stuff in the past that was completely motherboard model related.

D3Cast
10-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Alan,

I'm sure you're frustrated, and I don't blame you, but hang with Jef and the other folks in the forums who have successfully isolated the problem component(s) in many, many a setup.

From past experience, when Jef says "if you were my client," that's as good as *being* his client (with the understanding that his meager spare time has to go to the paying folks).

Fervently hoping this works out for you...

-steve

aferrin
10-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks Jef, I appreciate any feedback you can provide. Others VERY CLOSE to this problem have all but given up on their client... Feel like a customer walking away from a dealer, only to have the lemon die on the road. Must be the way the driver drives, right?!

I can provide specific info on cable runs, monitors, DA's, etc if you would like. However, the same problem exists running cameras through "the setup" as it does running a 3 foot coax (RG-59) directly in from camera.

The 5 cameras are all JVC (2 DV500, 1 DV-5000, 2 DV-5100). Not all of these cameras are able to loop through for sync, so I am just running video out.

Each SX-84 input is terminated.

When troubleshooting, we swapped systems a piece at a time. Cables, SX84, then toaster. The exact problem existed the entire time. Yes, the systems are configured pretty much identically I believe.

We ran cameras into the SX-84 one at a time in every combination. 2 cameras were clean, sometimes 3, but when 4 or 5 cameras were connected, the glitch arrived. Different cameras, different combinations. Nothing to point to any particular camera or combination.

Vendor and Newtek didn't have me troubleshooting ANYTHING inside the system configs or what not. All along, both have pointed finger at us: "Must be your power, your long runs, your DA's, your loop throughs, your cameras, your, your..."

Each time we have eliminated something, it's something else on our end. The latest is that it's the timing out of our cameras. I'm not an engineer, but our TV engineer that tested colorbar signals said they are clean & look great on vectorscope and waveform. :question:

Thanks in advance for ANY help or suggestions you may have for me.
Thanks also to Kirby Video here locally. He has spent an incredible amount of his personal time helping to troubleshoot. He is right, the Newtek "Community" is incredible...

Pat Grogan
10-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Alan,

Give me a call and I will see what I can do to help you.

Pat Grogan
VP Operations
NewTek 210-370-8221

PIZAZZ
10-05-2007, 04:16 PM
I can provide specific info on cable runs, monitors, DA's, etc if you would like. However, the same problem exists running cameras through "the setup" as it does running a 3 foot coax (RG-59) directly in from camera.

The 5 cameras are all JVC (2 DV500, 1 DV-5000, 2 DV-5100). Not all of these cameras are able to loop through for sync, so I am just running video out.
Something I didn't ask before and that is what inputs are you plugging your cameras into??

Are you going down the line like in Setup2 below or across the inputs like the Setup1?

You should be using Inputs 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a, 6a, 7a like in Setup2 straight down the first row.

I want to confirm again that ALL your inputs are composite right?

Each SX-84 input is terminated.

Did you term off the software termination to see if that made a difference?
Most times we do not use the termination on with similar setups.

I feel like we are getting close here to figuring out the problem(s).

I sure could use more details about your monitors, DAs, and estimated cable lengths.

I would like to know what the exact components in the VT system are also.

Please post as soon as you can with more info.

PIZAZZ
10-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Oh yeah a couple other things.

Which output are you using out of each camera? Off the CCD or after the deck?

What does the output of the system look like? Are you using component, Composite, Y/C outs? Which ones and how many etc?

Have you disconnected the VT's output and looked to see if you are still getting a glitch inside the VT system???

aferrin
10-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Sorry for the delayed response. I am in intense production right now. I am out in 2 weeks and can troubleshoot more thoroughly...

In response to your questions:
I have used varous inputs into the BOB, 1a, 2a, 3, etc. I have used 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, etc... even 1a, 2b, 3c, etc. (same results)
I have tried termination on & off (same results)
I am using the BNC "Monitor Output" on the cameras.
Using 2 of the BOB composite BNC outputs.
I have not yet disconnected the BOB, and checked VT4 to see if the glitch is still there, I have noticed the glitch IN the VT4 when connected... (I'll try disconnecting).
Coax cable lengths (2 @ 100 ft., 2 @ 200 ft., 1 @ 500 ft.)
Monitors are JVC 9" TM-9U.
DA's are Videotek VDA-16.

I noticed last game I shots bars through all cameras and replay units. On ProcAmp - I Autocalibrated All Inputs, and the feed was much cleaner. There was still a few glitches but nothing as bad as it's been. Previously I was Calibrating them one at a time?!

When I am out of production Newtek has offered some assistance in troubleshooting... thanks again for any input!!!

lithiumpro
10-23-2007, 09:32 PM
PIZAZZ you said something about the termination. Is it better not to use the VT4 term, and just do a hard T with a 75ohm terminator.

I have had some of the same problems just using 3 cameras. 1 Sony PD150 1 Sony VX2000 and a older Panasonic Digital VF-550 3 Chip. And 35% of the time on switching in the preview i might get a glitch on the Program. More happens when i have a DSK up all the time. But i would thank it shouldn't ever happen.

However if i only use 2 camera i have no problems at all. :hey:

John Perkins
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
I know that I'm late to this thread, but it sounds like RTME is starved for CPU time or bandwidth.

Does it get worse with a DDR or two playing video clips (just something to use up system resources)?

My suggestions would all be related to updated chipset drivers and trying other slots.

I doubt that you are running a CPU that is too slow for simple switching, but knowing the specs, including the motherboard/chipset would probably help.

Cuppyprod
10-30-2007, 08:40 AM
We had a similar problem in the past, when running preview out to an external monitor. When we disabled the preview out, the picture glitches went away. Now I have to switch with preview only on a vt-vision window on the computer monitor. It's a hard way to switch a live show, but beats picture break-up & strobing. Our dealer said it had something to do with the 32 bit not being able to handle two signals going out.

Bill

aferrin
11-06-2007, 11:05 AM
...knowing the specs, including the motherboard/chipset would probably help.

Specific system information:

Single processor or Dual Processor? Speed and Chip type.
Single, Pentium D, 3 Ghz, Duo Core.

Motherboard- Manufacturer and Model number.
Gigabyte GA-8I945GMF, w/LGA775 chip set

Graphics card adapter - Manufacturer and Model number and driver version.
NVidia G-Force 7300, 256 MB, NVidia version 6.14.10.9371

RAM - Manufacturer and Model number, FSB speed it is running at.
Samsung, 4 GB, PC2 5300, 555 Mhz

System Hard drive - Manufacturer and Model number.
Seagate Baracuda, ST3320620

Storage Hard Drives - Manufacturer and Model number, Quantity, Location they are attached, are they attached to the motherboard or a raid adapter.
Seagate Baracuda, ST380811A, (4) 80 GB, 7200 RPM, attached to motherboard ("CLR_CMOS" area of board)

Are they software striped together or striped with the raid adapter?
Software striped
Location the VT card is located on the motherboard?? which slot?
"PCI EXPRESS DDR-2" slot (2nd slot)

Pulled from my earlier thread....
:)

aferrin
11-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Pat Grogan called and followed up on this thread. He assures me Newtek will do all they can to find a resolution. I will anxiously await word from John and/or Donny.
Thanks Pat!

PIZAZZ
11-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Ok. With that detailed info I believe that your system design is underpowered for what you are trying to accomplish.

Are you using the preview out on the SX84? If you are then turn that off in Preferences. Your mobo only has 32bit slots that run at 33mhz. In order to use the preview out it is recommended to have the VT card in a 64bit slot that can run at 66mhz.

So to recap. Turn off preview out and use the Preview VTVision monitor instead. See if that helps your glitching. I imagine it will.

lithiumpro
11-07-2007, 07:49 PM
So to jump in your saying that the MOBO is to slow or the slot he is using. So just what dose the slot look like or what MOBO should he be using to make this work.

aferrin
11-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks Jef. I will try this on Saturday prior to our game.

Donny at Newtek asked me to try the same thing. He also mentioned to try closing down any DDR's and switch in/out of black to see if it's clean...

Anything else I should try for our last game Saturday? Troubleshooting in the environment proves difficult outside of gameday...

John Perkins
11-08-2007, 11:37 AM
I would agree that there won't be much bandwidth left in a 33Mhz PCI slot, but with a well tuned system with an Intel chipset, it should function.

I've been working with Donny on this one and I have recommended a few tests to help diagnose the problem and to also make sure that the newest Intel Inf Update (the chipset drivers) has been installed.

aferrin
11-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Updated the bios and drivers today.

How important are the VGA cables with ferite (sp?) ends?

aferrin
11-12-2007, 10:26 AM
...and they lived happily ever after!

Disabling the preview was the trick! Ran a complete football game without one preview source glitching in the program bus. Hot cut the whole game on the program bus and didn't have any sync issues at all!

I must thank all of you in the forum that have stuck with me through this one-year long nightmare. First and foremost, Mr Pizazz himself. :bowdown:

Additionally, the folks at Newtek who came forward once they heard my cries...

I plan to upgrade to VT5 and run the system at our Winter Graduation Commencement. This will ultimately be the test...

However, I am estatic that the problem wasn't on "my end" as the vendor has claimed from day one.

Thanks again for everyone's support, as Ron @ Kirby Video assured me: "Take your problem to the VT community, they are amazing!:agree:

lithiumpro
11-13-2007, 11:01 PM
So at this point you dont have a NTSC Preview Out. Hmm.. Wonder if VT5 will help you out.

aferrin
11-15-2007, 03:14 PM
So at this point you dont have a NTSC Preview Out. Hmm.. Wonder if VT5 will help you out.

Correct. No preview out REALLY stinks! However, after producing a product with HUGE glitches/ugly cuts/etc. I am just happy to have a clean feed...

I am upgrading to VT5 and going to use it to switch our commencement in December. Yes, I am anxious to see if there is any difference. :question:

hamiltjl
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
We had a similar problem in the past, when running preview out to an external monitor. When we disabled the preview out, the picture glitches went away. Now I have to switch with preview only on a vt-vision window on the computer monitor. It's a hard way to switch a live show, but beats picture break-up & strobing. Our dealer said it had something to do with the 32 bit not being able to handle two signals going out.

Bill

We are experiencing the exact same problem with the preview output on the SX-84. We're running VT[4] with no problems until we tried outputing to a preview monitor. Now glitches and problems galore with preview, program, and DSK. Disable the Preview and problems go away. Anyone have any ideas?

kleima
01-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Keep it disabled. :hey:

Setup a dual VGA monitor setup, and monitor your preview on the second VGA instead of an NTSC monitor.

mzafrany
01-26-2008, 03:16 PM
I thought you can only send the program to the VGA output. How do you send the preview?

Keep it disabled. :hey:

Setup a dual VGA monitor setup, and monitor your preview on the second VGA instead of an NTSC monitor.

kleima
01-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Did you mean you thought you could only send program to an NTSC monitor? The older version of the VT card only sends program to an NTSC monitor, but the newer card has an output for both program and preview - or maybe that is a function of the new BOB (SX-84), I forget. I have both the original card and BOB. Anyway, some people who have the new cards and in an older computer have had problems with trying to output both program and preview. So, disabling hardware (NTSC) preview has fixed their bandwidth problem.

jsanfilippo
01-28-2008, 12:41 PM
What he's more likely getting at is he is asking if you can send Preview Out to a VGA output, just like you could send Program Out to a VGA and then onto a projector.

The answer, if I understand correctly, is "no". (I think, anyway) But you could use another VGA output as desktop space - and then open another VTVision window, and set that to Preview. You could stretch that to fill the screen if you wanted.

CreatvGnius
01-28-2008, 01:08 PM
What he's more likely getting at is he is asking if you can send Preview Out to a VGA output, just like you could send Program Out to a VGA and then onto a projector.

The answer, if I understand correctly, is "no". (I think, anyway) But you could use another VGA output as desktop space - and then open another VTVision window, and set that to Preview. You could stretch that to fill the screen if you wanted.

Been watching this thread. The original, Amiga-based Toaster™ really spoiled a good number of us in regards to Preview + Program NTSC monitoring capability.
-PeterG

kleima
01-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh, maybe I did misunderstand. But, as you said, you could get a three head graphics card and use one for the computer interface, one for program (vt-vision) and one for preview.

jcupp
02-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I think I have a fix for the glitching etc. when using the Preview out.

Set your PCI Latency to 128

On any of the current Intel motherboards like the DG33 and the DP35:

1) Enter CMOS setup on the machine by pressing the <F2> key during system startup on the 'Splash' screen
2) Arrow over to the Advance Menu and down to Chipset Configuration
3) Arrow down and select the PCI Latency Timer by pressing <enter>
4) Arrow down and select 128 and press <enter>
4) Hit <F10> and then 'Y' to save and exit
5) The system will restart

Some of the symptoms I've seen cleared up by this include:
glitches when switching
audio popping
scrambled output
flashing overlays

If this works for you post back here as I'm curious.

CreatvGnius
02-11-2008, 11:56 PM
I think I have a fix for the glitching etc. when using the Preview out.

Set your PCI Latency to 128

On any of the current Intel motherboards like the DG33 and the DP35:

1) Enter CMOS setup on the machine by pressing the <F2> key during system startup on the 'Splash' screen
2) Arrow over to the Advance Menu and down to Chipset Configuration
3) Arrow down and select the PCI Latency Timer by pressing <enter>
4) Arrow down and select 128 and press <enter>
4) Hit <F10> and then 'Y' to save and exit
5) The system will restart

Some of the symptoms I've seen cleared up by this include:
glitches when switching
audio popping
scrambled output
flashing overlays

If this works for you post back here as I'm curious.
Now *that* looks like a real helpful post for *some*body on this forum.:thumbsup: Nice lookin' our, Grizz'!
-PeterG

hamiltjl
02-13-2008, 12:37 PM
It WORKS! I made the bios change as suggested and it appears to have stabilized the system and made the Preview Out actually work as intended. The glitches are gone. We'll keep a close eye on it for a while, but thank jcupp for figuring this one out. :beerchug:

jcupp
02-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Glad to hear it!