PDA

View Full Version : modeler to layout problem

TOXE
09-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi all,

i've finally downloaded my version of LW 9.3. I have the same problem that i've already found on 9.2.:cursin: It seems that modeler and layout don't communicate right. I cannot send the objects to the layout from the modeler and when i try to change a surface/shader from the layout the app crashes. Then i can't launch layout and i'm not able to open any file. Someone have a similar problem? I'm on a G4 with the latest version of OSX. Maybe it's a HUB problem? In a few words, i can't work with lightwave 9.3, i'm using still the 8.5 version for my everyday job...:help:

Thanks

Davide

eblu
09-24-2007, 08:43 PM
its the hub.
try deleting your configs

eblu
09-24-2007, 08:45 PM
oh, strike that email your configs to chilton. hes got a weird fetish

Chilton
09-24-2007, 08:51 PM
:devil:

TOXE
09-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Thanks eblu,

but the problem appear from the first installation of LW. So it seems strange that it work deleting configs. But i'll try today...

Chilton: 8~

Davide

TOXE
09-26-2007, 02:10 AM
Hi all, again...

wich is the configs file that i need to delete?

Thanks

Davide

eblu
09-26-2007, 07:54 AM
toxe, Lightwave is notorious for immediately corrupting config files.

as far as i know the files you seek are here:
your hard disk/Users/your user/Library/Preferences/Lightwave3d/

and the offenders are probably named:
Hub 9
Layout 9
Modeler 9

this is, of course, subject to opinion, mythology, superstition, and a complete lack of any documentation whatsoever, so uhh... back up those configs before you remove them... just in case.

TOXE
09-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks eblu,

but the problem it's still here:devil:

for example if i apply smoothing from the surface editor in layout, LW crash and crash again every time i try to open the file. So, i'm really frustrated because it seems that is impossible to us LW for my job. And this is not a nice thing. Usually when you install a software for the first time it work fine...

Davide

Chilton
09-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi,

Please send me the crash log, if it generates one, and I can probably tell you why it happens. If nothing else, it will help us track down and fix the bug.

-Chilton

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

Phil
09-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi all, again...

wich is the configs file that i need to delete?

Thanks

Davide

Before you delete them, send them to [email protected] with a description of the crash bug. It's the only way we'll get an LW release that doesn't chew configs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. :)