PDA

View Full Version : SLOW refresh

Filmdesigner
09-23-2007, 11:15 PM
I have installed the new 9.3 update and am very impressed. However I do have a pretty basic question;

I have noted a severe increase in screen refresh times. In Layout, when I call up the Render Options (for example) Menu, it can take as long as 30 seconds to fill-out with info. This is a common issue with all menus. Should I be changing my video card settings?

Thanks all.

Phil
09-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Kill the hub - that seemed to fix a lot of issues for me (rename the hub application)

That should be enough to get you up and running.

In general, the best OpenGL settings tend to be multitexture/VBO - GLSL will give you time to paint the house before it updates.

4dartist
09-25-2007, 09:37 AM
A ton of people are experiencing this exact problem. Chilton is well aware of the problem and has expressed that they aim to have it eliminated by the next update/release. I won't hope for it any time soon, because well, the problem as been there as soon as 9.3 UB was released or maybe a few beta versions sooner. As Phil said, killing the hub fixes the problem, but of course you lose the connection, but it isn't too bad. I think it's better than waiting each time you switch out of LW and back. Although i do miss the hub. Some day we will meet again and on that day we will rejoice! (assuming it works) hehe.

Filmdesigner
10-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Killing the Hub hasn't done a thing except for the actual time consumed in switching Apps. I really like the HUB now as it appears to work - finally.

I believe my video card has had a heart attack and will be replaced.

radiancemedia
10-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Same problem here. My fix: Do all my work in 9.2 and render in 9.3.

This is a huge oversight in the development for the Mac. It essentially renders the program useless.