PDA

View Full Version : TEXT 'italic' font choice

williamb
09-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi
How do you ‘italic’ text?

Also I have a limited font choice…what is the best way to source, and install new fonts? Can the fonts from Microsoft word be used?

Thanks for your advice

THREEL
09-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Hi
How do you ‘italic’ text?

Also I have a limited font choice…what is the best way to source, and install new fonts? Can the fonts from Microsoft word be used?

Thanks for your advice

Hi William,

What version of LW do you have? I have ver. 8.5 and under Create, there is a block called Text. At the bottom of that block there's a command called Manage Fonts. Mine is Hot Keyed to F10. When you click on this, or hit F10 a Dialogue box will pop-up that says Edit Font List. From here, you can add fonts like True Type and Type-1. You should be able to load most if not all fonts that are available on your computer. Also, it gives you the option to make the font bold, italic, etc... I think LW has this Font loading option, so you only load the ones that you're using in that particular object file.

BTW--When you do bring text in to your object, it comes in flat. If you want to make it 3-D, just copy the text to another layer, flip the polygons, run Smooth Shift, bring these new polygons back to the original layer, and merge the two together. Don't forget to uncheck the Keep 1 Point polygons box. Also, make sure your surface has Smoothing turned on.

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.