PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Conversion Questions

lrperkins
09-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi to all. I am a video editor who currently edits on Final Cut Pro on Mac. We developed a style (titles, show open, etc.) for our church's weekly broadcast. The church has now purchased the amazing VT4 and I need to convert our files (primarily QT) to use in our live broadcast at church. Any suggestions on how to do this? What format would best be recognized by VT4. I really don't want to recreate all of my graphics - although, I guess a new look wouldn't hurt. Just wanted to save time and I really like the look we have right now. Thanks so much!

Bobt
09-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Aura comes with VT and can be used as a conversion tool.
RTV is a native formate but eats up disk space and bandwidth. Depends on the system you have as to what file format works best.
I would go with RTV or DV.

lrperkins
09-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks. Does Aura convert QT?

Bobt
09-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Takes in and out.

SBowie
09-24-2007, 08:40 AM
If you are using it strictly for conversion, turn off the Preload option in the import dialog when you load the clips. Aura is a memory hog, and loading a file more than a few seconds long will choke it otherwise.

As a matter of fact, you might want to simply consider using Quicktime to convert the files to uncompressed AVI's with alpha instead. They work about as well as RTV's imho.

hairudon
10-08-2007, 08:35 AM
i use mpeg streamclip, does batch converting so you can do it all at once, super fast and puts out great quality
http://www.squared5.com/