PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania User Group

nekron99
09-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi There,

Are there any user groups close to the Pocono Mountain area. If there isn't is there anyone who would like to start one? I seem to be the only Lightwaver out here and it's getting lonely.:lwicon:

codyburke610
09-21-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm out in the Lehigh Valley area, and I thought I was the only kid in Pa that heard of LW. I'm only 15 though but it would be cool if Pa had one.
-Cody-

IMI
09-21-2007, 11:00 PM
I grew up in Kingston Pa., across the Susquehanna from Wilkes Barre, in Luzerne county, which is definitely in the Pocono Mountains area.
I live in Florida now, but I just couldn't pass up the chance to say hello to a fellow 'waver from back home. :lwicon:

Good luck. :)

nekron99
09-22-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm out in the Lehigh Valley area, and I thought I was the only kid in Pa that heard of LW. I'm only 15 though but it would be cool if Pa had one.
-Cody-

I'm up in the Stroudsburg/Delaware Water Gap area and I,m more than twice your age. I've been using LightWave for awhile now and although I'm not an expert I know my way around. If you want or know anybody else interested in a user group post it here. I'm seriously considering starting a group if we can get enough people.:thumbsup:

codyburke610
09-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Will do Nekron99! I have been using LW for the past 8 months now and I am a very fast learner so I as well know my way around layout and modeler pretty well. I'll definatly try and find some people around here, but yeah, we can't have a users group with only a few people.
-Cody-

Hipcheck
09-23-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm in the south Annville area, which is about 8 miles east of Hershey. Not many of us in PA and it seems like we are kinda spread out. I'm 36 and definately interested in a group.

nekron99
09-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Well I'm kinda sans job at the moment and have some free time. I'll see what I can come up with. If Lehigh valley college would let us use one of their computer labs after school hours,anyone within a decent driving distance could come to meetings. They teach Lightwave at North Hampton Community College too, maybe they would let us use their facilities. I'll check things out and post my results. I might be able to find some other Lightwavers their. Hipcheck keep in touch, you may be to far away for meetings,but you never know, let's see how many people we can get. We may end up with people all over the state. I'm going to post to other sites to locate people. I'm interested in seeing how many of us their are.

Long Live LightWave :lwicon:

codyburke610
09-24-2007, 04:53 PM
This is to awesome! I live about 5 miles away from the Northampton Community College! I attend the "Academy for Video & Media Arts" class in South Bethlehem at the Banana Factory, and my teacher is very good friends with some of the teachers at the Northampton Community College, I could find out from him if they will let us use it.

Lightwave Rocks!
-Cody-

nekron99
10-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi guys,
Just checking in. I tried to contact someone at Lehigh Valley College and no one got back to me. Codyburke610, did you find anything out about Northampton? If not I know a student going there and I was going to get her to post up some flyers about the user group. Keep me posted and I'll do the same.

codyburke610
10-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Didn't find out anything yet. My teacher has been very busy in my Media Arts class so I didn't have anytime to ask him. But yeah, it'd be cool if you could get someone to post up a few flyers.
-Cody-

startek
03-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi! I'm new to this, so please excuse any newbie mistakes! I live in NJ, about 15 miles from Bethlehem, Pa. I am a SF writer who would like to do a live action video which would also need SFX (hence Lightwave). I would be interested in meeting someone who would be willing to work on such a project pretty much on spec (for experience and recognition when the project is complete) as there may never be an actual market for it. In addition to a Lightwave artist, I would be interested in any other acting, writing, or video talent in the LV area.

vitovonantwon
04-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Hi,

I ran into the same problem here in NYC. SO I started an online version of our user group.

www.nyclightwave.com

I've been slowly updating the site to allow us to continue our discussions online.

There are files and discusions, and some tutorials.
If you find something on the web you find helpful, post it.

Antonio

startek
04-16-2008, 07:42 PM
To vitovonantwon, thanks for the reply. I've been looking at this site, and yours, and have to say I'm very intimidated. The skill/artistry involved in this stuff is beyond me (I got dizzy trying out Blender!) But I'd like to see if there are any people out there willing to work gratis/on spec on a project that is only a series of scripts so far. The story takes place in a Star Trek/Babylon 5 type of universe, and requires CGI for starships, planets, etc., and an alien lifeform. I see there is a lot of talent on the web, but a lot of it seems dedicated to existing franchises (Trek, Star Wars). Also, if there are also any people interested in the writing, acting, costuming and setbuilding aspects of production, I'd like to hook up with them too.

I will stress that so far I've written mostly for my own satisfaction, and there may never be any money in this, but I'd like to see it visualized. My few credentials are going to Syracuse U. for TV/film, a rejected Sundance script submission, and four rejected ST:TNG scripts. My day job is as a computer network administrator.

Steve