PDA

View Full Version : Edge help!

nekron99
09-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi,Everybody.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem. I'm still kinda new to 3D and have only been using LW9.2 for a few weeks, the discovery edition, and none of the tools work on edges. I'm using the Inside Lightwave book and one exercise says to select an edge and then do a select loop. It selects point mode and won't select the edge loop. Also the extender plus tool doesn't work either. But I've tried them both in LW9.0 discovery,on another computer, and they work. Is there away to fix it?

I appreciate any help I can get!
Thanks

Surrealist.
09-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Open Edit/Edit Menu Layout and make sure Select Loop is not assigned to Select Points.

Click on the Search button and type Select Points this will find the plugin location on the left panel. Clicking on Find will locate where it is on the interface and that will show up on the right panel.

You can go the other way too. If you know how to navigate to where the plugin is on the right - not hard to do if you look it over and compare the right panel to your interface - you can select the plugin name, Select Loop and hit find. This will find the plugin that this associated with that name of button or menu.

Double clicking on the name in the right panel will bring up a requester to rename it. Doing this you can check to make sure the button or menu name is associated with the correct plugin. Play with it. You'll get the idea. You can drag plugin from the left into the right panel to configure your layout, add dividers and custom tabs all here. You can save your menu set up with the save button.

You can also delete the LW config file and LW will rewrite all of this s back to default once you start LW again. Make sure and save any custom set up first.

The config is found in Documents and Settings folder within the folder of your user name. It is called LWM9.

Deleting the config and starting new is usually the solution for tool strangeness.