PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave website

Steamthrower
09-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Being in web design for several years, I have recently decided to build a Lightwave-related website for the community. I've given it a lot of thought, yet have had trouble knowing just what would be helpful to people in general. The usual options are forums, plugins, tutorials, galleries, or job postings. Yet sites like Newtek or SpinQuad take care of a lot of these.

If there was to be a new LW-related site, what features would you like it to have? What would be most useful to you in your business or hobby? Or is there such a glut of sites that there doesn't need to be another Lightwave website?

Thanks!

omeone
09-20-2007, 03:53 AM
There's one big opening for a LightWave website IMHO.

One that combines them all, but well edited and filtered. One that doesn't post everything, but one that makes informed decisions about what is important news, filters good information from the forums, can maintain impartiality and integrity, has good promotion for work done in LightWave, and most importantly is very actively updated every day with very good RSS feeds. I don't think another forum is needed.

Something like that would need loads of work though, but at least you wouldn't need to worry about creating content, just the editing, filtering, self-advertising and possibly sponsorship.

Steamthrower
09-20-2007, 05:10 AM
Thanks Larkin for your input.

Looks like I hit "Post New Thread" twice...