PDA

View Full Version : Can we do this yet... (lazy question)

MiniFireDragon
09-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Do we have the ability through the SDK to create and edit objects in Layout are is that still yet to come?? I am looking over the SDK right now, but I figured I could get a quicker answer here.

Dodgy
09-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Yes.

Sensei
09-27-2007, 04:58 PM
You meant making object dynamically in fly from absolute nothing?

Dodgy
09-28-2007, 03:34 AM
You basically add a Null to the scene in a generic plugin and call a modeler plugin on it.

MiniFireDragon
10-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Sensei - Yes.

Dodgy - I was looking more for direct manipulation of an objects geometry in the form of adding faces and vertexes.

For now I am just learning how do that in modeler before I attempt it in layout.

So far the only plugin I ever wrote was one that applies a constant speed to an object in layout. Now that I figured out X-Panels, I am gonna apply an interface to it and offer it up on the boards maybe.

Dodgy
10-01-2007, 10:31 AM
The generic plugin is just there to add an object which you can then add polys etc to, which you can only do in a modeler plugin, hence the separation. If you want to you can call the modeler plugin on an already existing object, to modify that.

Sensei
10-01-2007, 10:42 AM
You can create anything dynamic using volumetrics.. Like hairs, water, snow, instances of other objects.. etc. etc. unlimited usage.. But it's hard to write - they are ray-tracers..