PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster Studio and Flash

bhigginbotham
09-19-2007, 10:53 AM
I am thinking of grabbing a Tricaster Studio for use in live Flash streaming on UStream.tv and Operator11.com. Now I could use my DV transcover (ADVC110) and take the composite output and bring it in to my MacPro then use CamTwist http://allocinit.com/index.php?title=CamTwist to allow the video source to stream to multiple locations, but that's not very sexy.

Does anyone know if the Tricaster's switcher hardware and more specifically the output of the switcher is available as a source in live flash applications? I assume I can launch an IE or Firefox window, install the latest flash player and use that to stream right on the box, but only if the hardware is seen by the app.

Any ideas? Can anyone test this?

NVentive
09-19-2007, 03:09 PM
We've been watching the posts to see if anyone was interested in ustream. With all it's faults, it's still a pretty important part of the picture here, we suspect it will become more so in the future.
From what we've been told, the 'appliance' design of the TCaster will not allow you to open a browser. (Imagine the tech support issues if people started picking up bugs and viruses from the web.....as someone who has worked live events, I can see their point.) As far as 'getting under the hood, I think you're locked out.
We're working on an interstitial, something that would run a twain on a network. if you're interested, please drop us a note.