PDA

View Full Version : Morph Mixer (Save and Load Endomorphs)

ben martin
09-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi,

About morph mixer.

I have this character with almost 20 sliders to facial expression.

I know that I can “Save Endomorph mix” when I’m happy with a facial expression achieved by moving several sliders.
I was expecting to create a full facial expressions library ready to be used at any time in the time line “Load Endomorph mix” but when I try to load a saved “Endomorph mix” file the character face expression change since frame zero till the animation end.

I was expecting that the “Load Endomorph mix” could act like a posing tool (meaning): The “Load Endomorph mix” only change the “Morph Mixer” sliders values on the time line selected key frame.

This would allow loading any previous saved full facial morph mixer expressions any time in the time line, but it seems that I’m wrong assuming such.
Am I doing something wrong saving and loading “Endomorph mix”?

See image:
This attached image represents a full set facial expression.
Can I use it (Save and Load) any time it the frame time line avoiding to set each slider one by one again and again?

Many thanks in advance.

ben martin
09-18-2007, 06:32 PM
:thumbsdow Damn 5 min. to edit! :devil:
Here it is the attached image.

SplineGod
09-19-2007, 12:09 AM
I believe that loading a morph mix project erases anything you have in morph mixer at that time.
You can use motion mixer to scan xchannels (channels other them translation, rotation or scale) such as endomorph channels. At that point you should be able to load in face shapes as 'poses'.

prospector
09-19-2007, 12:21 AM
OOOOoohh..is that fixed now?
Last I remember, it wouldn't save morphs in motion mixer

SplineGod
09-19-2007, 12:28 AM
No idea if its fixed or not. I just know its 'supposed' to. :)

ben martin
09-19-2007, 03:04 AM
No idea if its fixed or not. I just know its 'supposed' to. :)
Thanks Larry,

Unfortunately it's not fixed.
I can't get a positive "Add External XChannels" / "Scan XChannels" workflow in Motion Mixer.
I didn't even realize it was not allowing to save morphs due to a flaw. :eek:
That explains very well why I spend some hours banging my head against the wall trying to figure it out (following Lightwave Manual's) why Motion Mixer was not allowing XChannels to results! :bangwall:

This is very annoying! :stumped:

I'll report this to :newtek: but I don't believe :newtek: will care to fix this till September's end and I have this short-movie to animate now… this little things make me to become frustrated each day regarding such small but very important fails to any serious workflow regarding Lightwave CA!

Dho! :cry:

Dodgy
09-19-2007, 03:04 AM
It's still broken...

ben martin
09-19-2007, 04:42 AM
Ok, I guess my emergency solution is to create new "Master expression sliders" that are the sum of several other expression sliders but this leads me to another problem.

Doing so, won't the "Master Expression slider" lock the used "expressions sliders" not allowing to fine tune those individually?

Any know-how on this?

xav
09-19-2007, 05:31 AM
..You could also save your mix as a new endomorph File>Save>Endomorph..(Save object menu)..
Naming it something like Master.fun_smile

After reloading it will appear in the morphmixer

...If I understood well what you are asking for (sorry bad english8~ )

Cheers

Xavier

ben martin
09-19-2007, 07:17 AM
Yup, you understood it correctly and my English is not that good as well! :thumbsup:
Thanks, you just gave me a very good tip!

SplineGod
09-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Endomorphs are additive. You can create a face shape using several sliders and then save that as a new endomorph in layout. Once you do that youll have a new slider and you can remove the endomorph you created using several sliders.
There are plugins to allow you do mix endomorphs into a new one in modeler as well.
It might also be possible to use the dopesheet to copy/paste face shapes as well.