PDA

View Full Version : Using the lath tool

AlexHead
09-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi,

I have been playing with the lath tool to try to mimic the 3DSMax 'hing on edge' tool.

Is there any way to specify the rotation axis? Like at some arbirtrary angle. I found using the numerics panel, you can specify a center point, but this will only help if the axis of rotation is perpendicular to the world axis. That might not be a problem.

The big problem i'm having is that when i rotate the polygon, using a 0mm offset, there is still a small offset from axis of rotation.

is there any way to eliminate this?

Thanks,

Alex

SplineGod
09-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Id do a search on flay.com in the plugins section.

AlexHead
09-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the help.

alex

AlexHead
09-18-2007, 12:08 PM
I looked at Flay.com and found some verry interesting scripts. One of which was called MG_LatheAxis. It is no longer available on the site, but seemed to be just what i was lookinbg for. the description said it was the source code being made available, however it was from a few years ago for LW version 5. Probrably would no longer work anyway.

If anyone has a copy, I'd love to have it to see how it was written. Perhaps it could be updated.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Alex

tajino
09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
I looked at Flay.com and found some verry interesting scripts. One of which was called MG_LatheAxis. It is no longer available on the site, but seemed to be just what i was lookinbg for. the description said it was the source code being made available, however it was from a few years ago for LW version 5. Probrably would no longer work anyway.

If anyone has a copy, I'd love to have it to see how it was written. Perhaps it could be updated.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Alex

Here you go. MG_LatheAxis

AlexHead
09-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Wow,

Thanks.

alex