PDA

View Full Version : HDRI3D Issue #16

WilliamVaughan
09-16-2007, 09:20 AM
FEATURING...

COVER IMAGE:
Illustration by Alejandro Parrilla. (Lightwave)

FEATURE STORY:
GET YOUR MOTOR RUNNIN'!
ZOIC DRIVES EPISODIC TELEVISION
Zoic Studios is well-known for their CG work in feature film productions. But they don't throttle down when they work on episodic television. Put your key in the ignition and shift into Drive!
By Mike Rizzuto

CHARACTERS WITH PRESENCE
Animating characters with Presence isn't always a top priority for artists in the gaming industry. Here you'll discover just how important Presence really is, and ways to apply it to your work.
By Richard Lico

ADDING MODO TO YOUR PIPE:
A GUIDE TO EXPORTING MODELS TO LIGHTWAVE AND MAYA
This article describes a workflow and process for exporting models created in modo to LightWave and Maya.
By Wes McDermott

ADVANCED COMPOSITING TECHNIQUES:
LOOK, MA, NO BLUE SCREEN!
Compositing without a blue screen is fairly common. In those situations you are usually faced with having to remove a bright sky and replace it with a fairly dark one. Using a replacement background that has considerably different values than the original one can pose numerous challenges. This tutorial will demonstrate a creative way to solve them.
By Brian Begun

CONVERTING FROM RGB TO CMYK FOR PRINT:
OR WHAT THE @$#% HAPPENED TO MY IMAGE?!
Ever wonder why your images look so different in print compared to on your screen? HDRI 3D's Art Director explains one of the most frustrating parts of digital design...converting RGB images to CMYK for print.
By David Wilkinson

PIPELINE DEVELOPMENT…
This new series of articles focuses on general pipeline engineering for smaller VFX productions. In order to automate tedious functions and track progress, you need a database. This article covers some of the tools you'll want to get started with.
By Peter Hartwig

THE ART OF TIMING:
EXPLORING LIGHTWAVE'S DOPE TRACK AND DOPE SHEET
In this article we explore the ins and outs of the Dope Track and the Dope Sheet.
By William "Proton" Vaughan

MEET HOUDINI 9
An introduction to Houdini 9, with a preview of the newly redesigned interface.
By Eric Keller

GETTING AHEAD WITH BODYPAINT TECHNIQUES:
TEXTURING HUMAN MODELS IN CINEMA 4D
This is a Cinema 4D tutorial on how to texture 3D models using the BodyPaint system.
By Christopher Ashbaugh

INTERVIEW WITH KIM CANDEE, ANIMATOR
Our series featuring computer graphic artists continues with insights on education, training, and job responsibilities in the real production world.
By Jacqui Sack

MODELING A HUMAN,
PART 3: THE MALE TORSO
In this third part of a human modeling series, the reader is presented with a detailed step-by-step tutorial for modeling a human male torso in Maya.
By Peter Ratner

DESTRUCTION!
This article focuses on a step-by-step demonstration of how to take an environment and show destruction, either man-made or natural.
By Briar Lee Mitchell

REVIEW: NEC 2470
A review of the NEC 2470, which offers an amazingly rich and bright display in a wide 24" screen.
By Dariush Derakhshani

READERS' GALLERY
Featuring the fabulous art submitted by Otto van Koert, Marco Fantechi, Dorian J. Compo, John Gonzales, Alejandro Parrilla, Rob Armstrong, and Kevin Hand.

STUFF
The iPhone.
By Brad Carvey

GIDGETS AND GADGETS
Antec's NoteBook Cooler.
By William "Proton" Vaughan

FINAL RENDER
By Andrea Carvey

KOOSHLINGS
By Dariush Derakhshani

XSI CORNER
By Raffael Dickreuter

http://www.hdri3d.com/issues/h16.htm

Silkrooster
09-16-2007, 04:53 PM
I'll be looking forward to it. Hopefully my subscription has not run out. I beleive its getting that time.
Silk

Skritter
09-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Hopefully my subscription has not run out. I beleive its getting that time.
Silk

Don't worry, they will remind you