PDA

View Full Version : Licensing

jjuneau
09-16-2007, 12:40 AM
I have my dongle inserted (dongle, lol.) Anyway, i installed LW 9.3 on my Macbook Pro... I open the program and it tells me to register, blah blah blah.. I copied my serial number into "license.key" and threw that file into my Lightwave folder under Applications... I reopened Lightwave and it gave me the, register this program thing again.... I searched under the Help/About menus and DID NOT see a "Enter Serial" option..

My question is, is there another place i'm supposed to put the license.key file on my intel Mac?

Steamthrower
09-16-2007, 05:42 AM
Put it in your SharedSupport folder. And next time I'm in Japan you can buy me a beer.

jjuneau
09-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Put it in your SharedSupport folder. And next time I'm in Japan you can buy me a beer.

I've put it in this folder, i've also put it in another folder somewhere in the Library hiearchy.. Both locations don't work..

I'll buy you all the beer you want, if you can help me fix this thing :P

jjuneau
09-17-2007, 05:50 PM
The other location i was talking about was:

/Users/~/Library/Preferences/LightWave3D

I put it in there and no luck... I'm hoping someone can help me

Steamthrower
09-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Just out of curiousity, what did you name the file? License.key or licence.key? It's supposed to be spelled with an S. Make sure of that first.

And you're using the same license number as your 9.2 version uses, right?

jjuneau
09-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Just out of curiousity, what did you name the file? License.key or licence.key? It's supposed to be spelled with an S. Make sure of that first.

And you're using the same license number as your 9.2 version uses, right?

Yuppers, license.key and same key from the 9.2 install.. However, is the 9.2 key the same on the Mac as it is in windows 32bit?

Steamthrower
09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Yes, I think so. I know I use the same key on both (it's tied to the dongle I believe).

jjuneau
09-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Okay, well I tried it again. I installed 9.3 and launched Modeler. Asks me for a key.. So I command+Q out of the program. Copy a license.key file to my sharedsupport folder.. This time, I open up Layout. Layout says no license. Ok, so I click on Help About on left hand side, I see nothing about enter registration code.. Then I click on Help About in the top right, I click the option to "enter registration code".. Then I get an error saying, "Generic_makelicense" doesn't exsist..

So much for that. I'm using the English/US/Student version. I got my dongle inserted, i've verified my hardware lock is the one associated with my mac license key. Any ideas??

jjuneau
09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Okay, i must be retarded because.. i copied the working license.key file from my 9.2 installation folder into the 9.3 support folder and... presto! I'm retardo!

I must have been doing something wrong, but I swear i wasn't :P

Chilton
09-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Thematic Apperception, man. It'll get you every time.

-Chilton

jjuneau
09-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Thematic Apperception, man. It'll get you every time.

-Chilton

Lol, thanks for your help bro. Sorry that i wasted your time :P

Chilton
09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi J,

Not a waste at all. And if you figure out what you did wrong, let me know.

-Chilton