PDA

View Full Version : Requestor box whiteout

rpinkham
09-15-2007, 12:07 PM
When I reinstalled LightWave 7 on a Windows Professional 2000 machine, I found that all of my requestor windows had white backgrounds rather than the usual medium-gray backgrounds, making it next to impossible to read the values. I am running the same version of LightWave on my laptop (XP Professional) without this problem. I reinstalled my display adapter driver, but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JamesCurtis
09-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Did you recently or ever have any foreign language font sets installed on your machine?

IMI
09-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Maybe you've tried it by now, but if not, a whole lot of LW weirdness can be solved by deleting the .cfg (configuration) files, which are stored in X:\Documents and Settings\username. (where "X" is the OS drive letter). When Modeler and Layout are launched, they'll simply write new cfg files. I'm pretty sure that Win 2000 does it the same way as XP.
Other than that, I'd wonder if the application background color was changed in Windows Display Options, but you'd know if you had done that. Have you installed Windows Blinds or anything similar?

zapper1998
09-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Wasn't LW 7 the cracked version..........Post A screen Shot Please

lardbros
09-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Wasn't LW 7 the cracked version..........Post A screen Shot Please

Not quite sure what that means, but i had this exact same issue with the value boxes being white. The only way i solved it was to do a format of my machine. It was weird because i had it in version 8, but as soon as 9 came out it didn't happen in that version. But still happened in 8! Odd stuff!

IMI
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Wasn't 9.0 the first version that allowed color changes for the interface via the Hub?
Installing 9.0 would have used 9.0 CFG files. Did installing 9 also fix the whiteout in 8?
I could be wrong, but I think those sorts of things are stored in the cfg files. Naturally, a reformat would solve that, but I'd bet a simple cfg deleting party would too.
However, I still wouldn't rule out some sort of Windows setting changing application background to white.

lardbros
09-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Wasn't 9.0 the first version that allowed color changes for the interface via the Hub?
Installing 9.0 would have used 9.0 CFG files. Did installing 9 also fix the whiteout in 8?
I could be wrong, but I think those sorts of things are stored in the cfg files. Naturally, a reformat would solve that, but I'd bet a simple cfg deleting party would too.
However, I still wouldn't rule out some sort of Windows setting changing application background to white.

There's some confusion in here over this...

It wasn't a change of colour using the interface editor. (It didn't exist 8)

Simply a bug in windows or Lightwave that caused it.

Installing 9 didn't fix it in version 8 on my PC either.

I always try deleting configs and did it numerous times, but to no avail!