PDA

View Full Version : PPC & UB version difference

mwh710
09-14-2007, 01:47 PM
What's up with the interface difference in the POPC & UB version. I was teaching text in PPC & my UB students didn't have a clue what I was talking about because their buttons are different. NT - you're not making this easy. Is it something I did, or they did? BTW Help still doesn't work in the PPC version of 9.3. A little dissappointed to say the least. Using text in UB crashes quite a bit.

Scazzino
09-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Sounds more like some had the menu configuration set differently.

Try selecting Edit->Edit Menu Layout... to open the configure menus panel on both machines and make sure they are both set to the same preset. One may be on default and the other may be on Studio Production Style or one of the others.

I've been using both the PPC and UB versions of 9.3 and as long as both are set to the same menu config, the interfaces are pretty much the same...

Chilton
09-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Hi,

What's up with the interface difference in the POPC & UB version. I was teaching text in PPC & my UB students didn't have a clue what I was talking about because their buttons are different. NT - you're not making this easy. Is it something I did, or they did?

You're probably just using an old config on the PPC side, and the UB doesn't look in the same places for config files.

BTW Help still doesn't work in the PPC version of 9.3.

This will be fixed when we ship the 9.3 help.

A little dissappointed to say the least. Using text in UB crashes quite a bit.
This concerns me. I happen to be working in the text code right now. Can you please send me any recipes for this, or crash logs you have pertaining to this?

Thank you!
-Chilton

[email protected]
[email protected]