PDA

View Full Version : Changing Sasquatch render-order

TheWaste
09-14-2007, 06:42 AM
Hello again Lightwave masters and Newtek

I'm having some trouble with Sasquatch, and I believe that the problem could be solved by making Sasquatch render last.

I've got some nice long grass made in SQ (SasQuatch) and some Hypervoxels which render behind the grass. The problem however is that because SQ seems to be rendering before the Hypervoxels, the pixels surrounding the grass let's the user see through the hypervoxels as if it were just background...

The render order should be
Scene > Hypervoxels > Sasquatch, not
Scene > Sasquatch > Hypervoxels.

I had a look at the Worley website which said:
"LW reports incorrect fog color values to plugins when transparency is used, sometimes causing incorrect fog colors to mix with fiber colors when seen through multiple layers of transparency."

however I'm not sure this is relevant to the subject. Can anyone shed some light on the subject? Should I provide some screenshots of the problem? (I'd like to avoid this if possible... long story short it is a pain in the butt to upload pictures because my internet is horrible)

Any help is appriciated. :bowdown:
Thanks again guys

Regards,
TheWaste

Panikos
09-14-2007, 08:03 AM
I assume that you are using the volumetric plugin of Hvoxels and not the Legacy one. If this is the case, Volumetrics render before PixelFilters are applied.

If you are using the legacy HVoxels plugin, then you apply the HVoxels first and the SasQ later.

TheWaste
09-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Hi Panikos

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm not too familiar with the different types of HV's in LightWave, and am only familiar of the Volumetrics > Hypervoxels 3.0.. I did not realise there were different types of HV's, but I will certainly research the subject.

In the mean time I have surrended and accepted this occurance as one of those little oddities about LW, and approached the problem with a different solution...

Originally, I wanted to create a light glow over a grassy scene, but the volumetric lighting was rendering after SQ, causing the messy pixels around the SQ output, so I tried putting a HV on a null to simulate the effect, but suffered the same problem.

For the moment, I've just put a texture on a poly and will touch it up with some post-production video editing (eg: a fake overlay glow). I'm not too bothered, but would have liked a more versitile solution...

I'll try to remember to come back and check to see if anyone has any other suggestions or tips that I should know about, but for now I guess that I'm okay to continue without the support.

Thanks for reading/replying everyone.
Regards,
~TheWaste

Sensei
09-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Try using Perspective Camera type - it's ray-tracing all the time, therefore any volumetrics should be rendered first before pixel-filters like SasQuatch..